Mr. Mandela's Class

As Gerard and I step into the classroom, i look around for an empty table and walk over to it setting my stuff down and getting out my notebook.
"Ah Miss..Skittle and Cortes. How nice of you to join us for class today" Mr. Mandela says from the front of the classroom. "Now that we are all here lets get started. class please copy the key terms for sections one through 5 of chapter one"
Opening the text book and starting to copy the terms i hear a beeping sound, looking up in time to see Gerard and Mr. Mandela make eye contact. " Mr. Mandela may i go to the nurses office?" Gerard asks.
As Mr. Mandela nods, Gerard jumps to her feet grabbing her bag and running out of the classroom. that was odd. i hope Gerard's OK, i think to my self, noticing that Gerard left her phone.
I should probably return this to Gerard, i should see her at lunch ill give it to her then. i think to myself sliding her phone into my bag.
-an hour later-
"Alright class. you may pack up and spend the last few minutes of class chatting with your friends" Mr. Mandela says. Sliding my things into my bag and putting my headphones in, i turn up my music and lean back in my seat.
Jumping forward as something poke into my back, turning around to look at the thing i see Dan and Dakota sitting there smiling at me.
"hey Iris, were you gonna ignore us?"  Dan asks, "yeah, I thought we were Friends Madam, you're gonna make me cry" Dakota says, Causing us all to burst out laughing
"Holy crap. you guys have this class too?" I ask looking at both of them. "Madam. have we not had the same math class since 2nd grade?" Dakota says laughing and giving me a hug and kissing my cheek.
"that is true. so Iris, how are Emma and the other 2 doing?" Dan asks me with a smile on his face as he hugs me as well.
"they are great. Emma's still crazy as always. parachuted into school today." I say smiling at Dan and poking Dakota's nose "By the way, Boop" I add as the bell for the end of class  rings.
Getting to my feet and reaching down for my bag. I realise Dakota already has it over his shoulder. "damn it Dakota are you gonna carry my stuff all year again?"
"yes, yes i am. if i didn't carry Milady's things what kinda of gentleman am I?" Dakota says smiling at me as the we all walk to PE.