Backseat

a/n: so just to say this chapter introduces a relationship between a minor and an adult (well 17yo and 21yo) so if that aint your thing sorry. also i had an exam today and i totally failed it lmao im literally gonna get kicked out of uni at this point so i hope all this fic writing is worth it tbh dsjhf. 

start the song: Wolves - The Pigeon Detectives!

Josh huffed as he checked the time on his phone for the hundredth time. Tyler was late. He was late a lot lately.

Josh eyed the rain falling around himself, shivering and doing his coat all the way up. He was waiting in the shelter of his porch as the rain relentlessly pelted the asphalt of his drive.

Josh checked his phone again as thunder rumbled in the distance, as if it was grumbling about Tyler being late.

"Me too." Josh sighed.

Josh bounced on the balls of his feet and pretended not to notice the way his breath danced in front of his face, his fingers were completely numb as he fiddled with the zip of his jacket.

Josh checked his phone again because really what else was there to do other than stare at the grey vastness of the sky and grumble about having a boyfriend with the world's shittiest time keeping skills.

Finally a car pulled up to his house but it wasn't Tyler's.

Josh watched confused but Tyler got out the back of the car, calling him over the heavy rain and another crack of thunder.

Shaking his head Josh ran to join him, quickly piling into the back of the car.

Even travelling such a short distance he was soaked through, water dripped off his nose and down the back of his neck making him shiver violently.

Tyler was squished into the backseat beside Josh, he was also dripping wet but he quickly took off his jacket. As the car began moving out of the drive, Tyler began stripping Josh of his coat before Josh could even protest, or realise what was happening. Josh squeaked as Tyler cuddled him into his chest, sharing his body heat. Josh was a little winded from the man handling to even stop him, letting Tyler pull a seatbelt across him, before clicking his own into place.

Josh refused look up at Tyler, a scowl on his face. It was while he was ignoring the brunette, but secretly snuggling closer because holy moly he was warm, that he realised who was in the front seats.

Brendon smiled down at where he was coddled into Tyler's chest a look of amusement on his face as he took in his childish pout.

"He's mad at you, how cute." Brendon said as Josh sniffed, certain he'd probably caught another cold. man, his immune system sucked ass.

Tyler began nuzzling at the top of his head, pressing kisses into his hair. He stopped when Brendon gave him a look that Josh couldn't seem to place.

"Dal, drop us in the same place as normal." Brendon instructed turning to the driver. It was then that Josh realised he had no idea who was driving. He looked older than the bunch of seventeen year olds, but not much, his height just seemed to make the age gap seem large.

"Josh this is Dallon, he's... uh- a family friend." Josh eyed Tyler suspiciously as he spoke and Josh sat up a bit, his neck aching from the angle he'd been held at.

"Uh, cool, thanks for picking me up." Josh smiled and Dallon looked over his shoulder to smile back, seeing as they were at a stop light.

Josh move so that he was facing Tyler before resuming their cuddle.

Tyler huffed out a laugh. "Thought you were mad at me?" He teased.

"Shut up I'm cold." He mumbled into Tyler's shoulder, Tyler laughed but it turned to a hiss as Josh pushed his ice cold fingers under his shirt to warm them up.

Josh gave him a smirk and Tyler smacked his arm. "You're lucky I think you're cute." Tyler said, stealing a kiss and leaving Josh a stuttering, blushing mess. He still wasn't used to that even though he and Tyler had been together well over a month.

When they pulled up to curb Josh realised they were half a block away from the parking lot entrance, meaning they were going to have to run in the rain.

"Oh stop grumbling." Josh was about to smack Tyler playfully but then he realised it wasn't Tyler talking to him as they slid out the car but Dallon talking to Brendon.

Josh blinked as he continued shuffling out the backseat, seeing Brendon lean over to press a kiss to Dallon's lips.

Josh stopped watching them as soon as he felt the rain beat down on his hair. Tyler grabbed his hand, shutting the door behind him and pulling him into a run.

They ran through the rain, Josh only just keeping up with Tyler which was odd because Josh was one of the fastest runners in their school, he'd been begged by their coach to join the track team every year but Josh just wasn't interested in sports enough, not like Tyler.

They laughed as Tyler shook his sodden hair like a dog, all the water going onto Josh.

"Stop!" He chuckled, shaking his own hair in retaliation.

The pair calmed down as they strolled to Josh's locker, fingers interlocked.

"Hey, how old is Dallon?" Josh asked as he sorted through his soggy backpack, cringing as his lunch bag came out wrinkled and damp.

"21, he graduated from Harvard last fall, he's so smart it's unreal."

Josh almost choked, he'd thought maybe he was like 19. He voiced this to Tyler who shrugged.

"Does it matter?" He asked as he shifted his backpack to his other shoulder so he could walk side by side with Josh to his own locker, now Josh was finished with his own.

"Yes." Josh hissed. "Why is Brendon kissing a 22 year old and why are you letting him!" He said quietly and Tyler stopped dead in his tracks. He groaned and rubbed his face with the hand that wasn't clasped in Josh's.

"Listen, I can't explain why you have to trust me on this but, there's no way you can keep them apart it's just not that simple. But they're not like... they're aware that the age gap is a- a problem. Dallon would never take advantage or like, do anything illegal he's not like that." Tyler fumbled with his words.

Josh just eyed him suspiciously.

Tyler almost cheered with relief when the bell rang, meaning Josh had to get to class.

"Listen, I have class to get to, I'll see you later?" Tyler said untangling their fingers and pressing a sweet kiss to Josh's lips.

"Yeah see ya." Josh said, still pretty pissed off at his boyfriend, as he watched Tyler get swept away in the crowd of teens getting to their first class of the day.