Making Good Things Out Of Summer (Part 2)

Hello Everybody!!!

So, it's been a while since the last time I've posted the previous chapter.... And I'm sorry about that.... You see, I've been having this "lag" in my thoughts whenever I start typing what I really wanted to express. Now, I know that writing isn't an easy thing to do.

LOL... anyways.... Here's the second chapter of making Good Things Out Of Summer... Hope you'll enjoy it... ^_^...

And don't forget to comment, and Vote,,,, especially don't hesitate if ever you wanted to become my fan,.... Thanks!!

*************************

Chapter 2

As I drove past the houses in the neighborhood, the heat given off by the afternoon sunshine was undeniably uncomfortable even with the air conditioner running completely at its highest capacity to cool down the interior of the car.

I rolled down the side window, half-opened it and sucked a lungful of fresh, warm air.

The bright powder blue sky was reflected on the windshield of the car. Combined with it were the gloomy shadows of houses and tall trees aligned on the streets.

For a few minutes of driving, I reached the grocery shop. First in the view, on the bending side of the lot, was the towering pillar of a road sign displayed colossally with neon lights margining every letter. It was irrefutable not to have a sight of it when passing on the same road. And under the immense structure of the signpost was the two-story edifice of Knot's company, flanked on both sides by the structures of The Bookstore Café and Rollingson's brasserie.

I glanced through the windshield then to the windows in the backseat to find a parking space, and luckily found an ample one because there were merely half a dozen of cars parked in the place leaving parking spaces on its obvious availability.

As I shoved myself out of the car while patting my right back pocket-just to make sure both the grocery list and my wallet were still in tucked-and sliding my phone into the left one, I made a deliberative declaration to myself that I was not going to have any repulsive actions when I bump into a conversation with him. I really needed to orient myself first, before engaging myself into trouble again.

Unquestionably too enthused to see him, I took the few strides heading towards the entrance of the shop-where Jimmy would be only few yards away from the foyer to the insides-while wearing an enlivened expression on my face.

Okay, I admit. I was really having this hysterical affection towards Jimmy. It's all about Jimmy, Jimmy, and all about Jimmy. What's wrong having a passionate interest with the guy? Was I getting too far from my limitations? Probably, was not. I just like him, that's all and definitely not to the extent that I love him. But, did I? Was there a chance that the simple liking of the Jimmy moves on to the degree-where I, both having at the same time a fervent and a confidential adoration for him? Maybe, there had been. And I didn't have the tiniest bit of awareness that I was off guard to face that circumstance and here I was, as a result, trying to deny unsuccessfully that certain complicity in my affections and will. I knew I was not yet ready for this sort of emotion.

Liking Jimmy isn't a hard thing a teenage girl could possibly do. With his looks, his status in life and, of course, his charisma on the girls-beyond doubt, his assets to be renowned as one of the school's heartthrob-were the factors why a frantic girl , like me, had this strange sentiments for him. Like I already said before, he was my classmate and I can't abstain myself laying an eye on him-just a simple indicator that I liked the guy.

Steadfastly, I got inside the shop after the few seconds of walking.

The first on my sight as I entered the premises was the beautiful smiles carved on the faces of the workers of the shop-the reason why I do love buying my groceries here.