IMAGINE: Boomerang and you falling in love

Captain "Digger" Boomerang and you walk through the large sewers. "I hate this." He mutters.

"That makes two of us." You grumble. The smell is almost paralyzing.

"Why out of the the whole Task Force X would they choose us to go rescue Killer Croc?"

"I don't know." You sigh, rubbing your forehead. Killer Croc was kidnapped from Belle Reve Prison by a mysterious captor. Little is known about the case. "It beats me why they even chose me to come along. I'm in the Army. I'm not part of your 'squad'." You say, moving your fingers for the quote-unquote.

"Well you must have impressed them somehow because here you are." Digger replies dryly.

"Unfortunately." You mutter under your breath.

Digger grabs your arm with surprising strength. He glares at you. "Hey, I don't like this anymore than you do." He snaps.

You wrench your arm from his grip, your defenses rising. "I never said you liked this. Don't put words in my mouth."

"Stop complaining." He fires back. You glare at each other for a solid minute.

You let out a strangled sigh. "Look. If we're to save Killer Croc, we need to work together and stop fighting. We're not getting anywhere." You grit out.

"I'm ready for you to start acting mature." Digger says, sassy.

You clench your draw and swallow down your retort. You take a deep breath. "I'll act mature if you act mature. Deal?" You say calmly. You hold out your hand towards him.

Boomerang gives you the barest of smiles. "Deal." He replies, shaking your hand.

---

Digger and you walk through a tunnel in ankle deep water. "We've been searching for two days now and there's no sign of Killer Croc. Maybe we're looking in the wrong spot. Maybe he's not underground like we thought." Digger says. You bite your lip and stop walking. He stops and looks back at you, his eyebrows raising.

"What is it?" He asks. He and you have been getting along a lot better.

You shake your head. "I don't know. I just have a funny feeling." You murmur.

"About what?" He questions curiously.

"What if Killer Croc staged his kidnapping? I mean, what if he wanted to be kidnapped? What if he somehow hired a person to kidnap him so he can be free? Maybe he hasn't been kidnapped. Maybe he's escaped."

Digger snorts and plants his hands on his hips. "Well then good for him. I wish I would have thought of that." He says. You roll your eyes and send him a look. He shrugs. "What? Can you blame me? I hate being in prison."

"And whose fault is it that you're in prison?" You ask, raising your eyebrows.

"Uh, the Flash?" He says it like you should know.

You huff. "You're impossible." You grumble.

He nudges you, smiling. "Thanks." He says, before walking off.

"That wasn't a compliment!" You exclaim, jogging after him.

"I'm taking it as one, Y/N." He singsongs. You narrow your eyes and trudge forward, smiling.

---

It's been over a month and there's still been no sign of Killer Croc. You're nearly sure he got kidnapped on purpose. You've been above ground for a few weeks. Digger and you have spent every second together. You've become very close and you're seriously crushing on him, much to your surprise and horror.