chapter eight

Stefan had awoken for the first time smiling. Nothing was pleasent about the situation. Other than Cordelia. Even his brain was swirling at the fact his mood was lifted slightly while drowning.

I'd been, a month and a half maybe, and together they'd visited all the places that impacted Stefan's life. There were many more to discover. In the state they both were in, it made it easier to see the places Stefan held a tether to.

Stefan did feel guilty though. His feelings for Elena were still there, pumping through his veins. But something different was coursing through his heart. He wasn't afraid.

The fact that Elena was probably sucking faces with Damon did bother him, but with Cordelia to keep him company and distract him from that thought for a meer few minutes was enough.

***

Stefan stood at a place he hadn't visited in decades. Come to think of it, the last time was just before he was turned. The flowers below the grave were disintegrated. A cold feeling when through his shoulder.

Cordelia attempted to touch his shoulder in comfort, but of course it was no use. They couldn't feel each other. It sucked. I guess starting at a grave with most likely his last name made you feel instant pity.

"My mom. She died when I was ten." Stefan said, but he didn't seem as sad as she thought. He had 100 odd years to work through it. But you never really get over the death of a person, no matter how long the time span.

It was true, Stefan had a really long time to cope, which mostly consisted of his ripper side coming out. Sometimes he thinks his ripper side is the only side of him thay gives him the release of the pain of losing his mother and not being able to say goodbye.

"I bet she was beautiful." Cordelia commented, kneeling down to come face to face with the writing. "Lily. Even prettier name."

"Just like yours." Stefan whispered. Why he said that he didn't know, but the smile that was directed towards him was worth the confusion in himself.

Cordelia stood closely beside him. "You're a really sweet guy, Stefan. You didn't deserve all this heartbreak."

Stefan turned his head slightly to her. "If none of this ever happened, I'd still be the shy boy, probably married to someone that wasn't the right one for me but I'd love them anyways because that's what my life would've lead me to. There's a reason everything happens, and if I hadn't been pushed into a safe and into the ocean, I would've never met you."

Stefan was pushing it. Whatever his heart was doing it forced words out of his mouth. He didn't care. He was positive he felt something for the vampire standing next to him.

Cordelia smiled so wide, cheeks blushed red, especially when said. "Is it bad that I really want to kiss you?"

***

Stefan opened his eyes, staring at the darkness of the murky water infront of him, and he smiled once more. If it wasn't for the absence of touch, he wouldn't have minded kissing her as well.

But for now, they're talks would have to be enough until he got out of this safe. Maybe she'd be the first person he'd see when the safe finally opened.

He could only hope.

***

I'm teasing yall. Give you a long one then a short one. I just got really caught up in the last one. This one was a little something something. Can't really act on their feelings, so they'll have to wait. Two updates in one day? Hell yeah, go me!
Haha love yall :) (I love them sm and I'm trying my best to do slow burn but it's reeeeaaaallllyyyyy hardddd)