chapter ten

Stefan was tired of waking up in water. It'd been very few days and him and Cordelia hadn't talked. It was weird for him. He'd gotten so used to talking to her. But something was wrong. Usually he'd be talking to her, but something changed.

He didn't want to lose her. They'd created a bond within, what? Two months? Didn't matter. The time they spend together, all he wanted to do was go find her and hug her. Maybe more.

But he was so tired of breathing in water, floating in water, just water in general. Whenever he got out, he vowed to stay away from water for a long time.

So he thought, he thought really hard. And as he died, her face was in his mind.

***

Stefan stood on the dock of the Gilbert cabin that was hidden from prying eyes. The water was calm, the sky was free of clouds and the air was free. Though it was fake, Stefan enjoyed being above water.

"Hey." Cordelia was behind him, ashamed of herself clearly. "This place is cool."

"Are you okay?" He asked, walking closer. Cordelia looked up at him, not knowing what to say.

"I was going to come and find you." She informed. Stefan resisted the urge to smile. "But something happened."

Cordelia was upset with herself, she could have fought, she could have avoided it. But now she was stuck.

"You're not..." Stefan didn't want to say it.

"No. I'm not dead. Thankfully." Cordelia said, but her mood didn't lift.

"Your doppelganger came to see me." Stefan was confused. How did Silas even know about her. "Either he's as old as the original vampires or its his magic, but I can't come find you. He stopped me. I can't leave my town."

Stefan wanted to crush Silas. It made him even more anxious to get out of the safe. To save her. But there was more.

"And...I can't connect with you anymore. He did something to the tether between us." Stefan was upset. He was angry. He was heartbroken.

Cordelia was someone he could confined in. He found peace in her every time he died. He just wanted to be with her. Elena would always be in his heart, but these months with Cordelia were special.

"Then how are you here now?" He asks.

"I was able to do it one more time to tell you. I'm so sorry, Stefan." Tears brimmed her eyes. Stefan wanted nothing more than to comfort her, tell her everything was going to be okay. But he didn't know.

"I'll find you." Stefan promised.

"This has all been a real pleasure, Stefan Salvatore. I've enjoyed these moments. Maybe if you keep your promise, I'll show you my special places one day." Cordelia smiled sadly.

"I'll find you, Cordelia Maybeth. Even if it takes my whole immortal life to." Stefan says as they both start to fade away.

"Thank you for everything." She said as she disappeared.

Words were left unsaid by the both of them, but they believed they would be said soon enough.

***

Stefan gasped. A pain in his heart unlike when the water was pushing against it. His distraction was no longer a distraction. It was a memory. She was a memory.

Stefan indented to find her and kill Silas for doing this. It wasn't fair. Although it seemed he'd be betraying Elena, he had every right to. While she was kiss his brother, Stefan was able to create a connection with someone he thought wasn't real at first.

With every breath, and all the strength he had, he would find Cordelia. And say what was not said.

***

Little bit of a trickster aren't I? I thought there should be some drama. Sorry Stefan's parts aren't longer, not much you can do with a guy drowning.

Hope yall enjoy the last few chapters, I've reallY fallen in love with this book :)