Chapter 34

Gilbert Residence
Cassie walked into the kitchen with Damon hot on her heels. She slammed her mug on the counter and whipped around; only to be cornered by Damon. "You wanted to talk?" He asked with that smirk on his face that he knew Cassie couldn't resist. "Yeah I do. So you kiss me then show up here with your girlfriend and then rub Katherine in Elena's face?! What the hell, Damon?!" Cassie was furious at him. She was mad at him for kissing her when he has a girlfriend and she's mad at him for trying to get between Elena and Stefan. "You have a lot of nerve to be questioning me Cassandra." He looked at her with anger. What the hell? He never talks to me like this. "What is going on Damon? Why are you being like this?" She reached out to touch his arm but he pulled his arm back. "Don't. Do. That." He said through gritted teeth. Do what? "What do you mean?" Cassie was confused.

Damon sighed and rolled his eyes. "Don't act like we're best friends and I hurt your feelings. Get over yourself Cassandra." He smirked and turned around to walk out. Oh I know what he's doing. Cassie suddenly smirked to herself. "You are a real piece of work Damon." He turned around with a confused look on his face now. "Excuse me?" He asked with snark. "I can see through this act, Damon." Cassie told him. She crossed her arms and sauntered over to him. "I can see through your villain act. I see the man, not the monster. I've been on the receiving end of your good side. I've seen you care. I know that you just want to push me away but I'm not gonna let you." Right now they were inches apart. Cassie had him right where she wanted him. He couldn't help himself. Her smell was intoxicating. His eyes moved from her eyes, to her lips to her neck. She had her neck stretched so she could look up at his face which exposed her carotid artery. He was extremely tempted. Not just by her beauty but by the blood pumping through her veins. Cassie realized where he was looking. He's hungry. That's why he's got Caroline. So he can't and won't hurt me. "Damon, you're using Caroline so you won't hurt me aren't you?" She noticed him soften as she said that. "I'm trying to stay away from you Cassie. Bad things happen to the people around me. I don't want you to get hurt." Cassie smiled. His lips curved and he felt his stomach flutter. Leaning down, he cupped her face and pressed his lips to Cassie's. Kissing her as if it were his last kiss to give. She wrapped her arms around his neck, grabbing his hair. He moved his hand from her face into her hair. Cassie let out a small gasp as his fingers grazed her scalp. Damon took the opening of her mouth as an opportunity to slide his tongue in. He pulled her closer and kissed her harder. He was completely intoxicated by her taste. Cassie was in complete ecstasy but suddenly remembered where they were; she pulled out of the kiss and stared at him. He was out of breath and confused. "Damon, we-" She was trying to catch her breath. "We gotta get back inside." She said quickly and ran out of the kitchen, past everyone and up to the bathroom. Damon walked back into the room with everyone else. "Is she okay?" Elena asked with a furrowed brow. Damon smirked. "She really had to pee. I'm sure she's fine." He said sitting back down in the chair next to Caroline.