Chapter 90

Salvatore Boarding House

The next morning Cassie arrived at 9am sharp to make sure Stefan made good on his word. "Damon?" She called as she walked into the house. "Cassie! Upstairs!" She heard Damon yell. She rolled her eyes and walked upstairs to see Damon waiting for her. "What are you doing?" Cassie asked noticing the mischievous grin on his face. "You'll see." Damon said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her into Stefan's bedroom before Cassie could say any objections. "Rise and shine, sleepyheads." Damon said as Stefan and Elena were snuggled and spooning in Stefan's bed. Elena and Stefan both sat up, startled at Damon's intrusion as he stood with Cassie at the end of Stefan's bed. Both of them pulled the sheets up to their chins; covering up any parts they didn't want Damon to see. Cassie just stood in shock and immediately turned around. "Damon!" Cassie yelled at the same time Elena yelled "Damon! Please!" And Stefan yelled "What are you doing?" The three of them were embarrassed beyond belief.

Damon rolled his eyes at all of them. "Oh, stop being smutty." He said with a smirk. Stefan pulled the sheets further up on Elena; making sure she's covered up properly. "Seriously, get out of here!" Stefan said raising his voice again, "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." Damon said and Cassie slapped him in the back of the head. He glared at her. "Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss." He said looking at all of them. "And it has to be right now?" Cassie asked angrily. "Well, we have lots to do. Now that we're all friends and working toward a common goal." Damon said with a huge smirk. Stefan and Elena exchanged looks. Cassie rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. "So, in order to open the tomb, we need to find the journal to get the grimoire to undo the spells. First things first-since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty." Damon said to Elena. "Since when am I helping?" Elena asked confused. "Well, Stefan's helping, and you've taken up residence in Stefan's bed, ergo..." Damon said with a shrug. "You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do." Stefan said with sincerity. "I'll look for it tonight." Elena said and laid back down in the bed, pulling the sheets over her face. "Good." Damon said with a smile. "How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire?" Cassie asked confused. "Yeah I mean, we're really going to take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a bit of a dimwit" Stefan asked validating Cassie's point. "In lieu of any other options." Damon said with a smirk. Elena pulled the sheets down and sat up suddenly. "OK, what exactly is a grimoire, anyway?" Elena asked curious as to what they were looking for. "It's a witch's cookbook." Damon said with an eye roll. "Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work." Stefan explained. "Yeah. Cookbook." Damon said again. "What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are." Cassie said worriedly. "And I don't like that disadvantage, so..." Damon clapped his hands together. "Chop, chop." He started to walk out of the room, but turned around, and continued to walk backwards out of the room while talking to Elena and Stefan. "You know, I really like this whole ménage a threesome team thing. It's got a bit of a kink to it." He said and chuckled. "Don't screw it up. Let's go Cas." Damon said and exited the room. "Sorry guys." Cassie said awkwardly and quickly exited the room.