Ch.3 What's the Cause?

"Got it!" Harris exclaimed as he jumped up from his seat and ran out of the lab, "I know what's causing the field to fail."

He put down his hand when he realized he was alone in the Mech.

"Guys...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spyder, this is quite possibly your worst idea yet," Ryan chided, though it came out sounding more like a compliment.

"And yet here you are," Spyder observed, a victorious smirk on his face.

Ryan rolled his eyes, "Just keep working, dingus."

"You're sounding more like Mark by the day," Spyder joked offendedly.

Ryan froze for a moment before writing it off with a wavering laugh, "Y-yeah, like Mark..."

He shook his head, forcing himself back to work and choosing to ignore the concerned look Spyder sent his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hand me the wrench... No, the wrench...! How did you manage to build a giant, mechanical robot and not know what a wrench is?!" Mark questioned, more and more disgruntled by the minute.

"Well in my defense I wasn't using such barbaric tech!"

"Leo..." Mark all but growled, resisting the urge to bash the genius' head in, "Just hand me the wrench."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harris activated the mech-link to a synchronized exclamation of "What?!"

He rolled his eye, taking a breath to steady himself, "I've found the problem."

"Can we all regroup at the mech?"

"...Well be there in five minutes."

Five minutes came and passed as Harris waited, his sample of ooze from earlier still on the lab table.

He had gathered everything he needed for his demonstration by the time the others had arrived.

"What did you find?" Ryan asked, barging into the lab.

"Wait for the others, and I'll show you," Harris explained, patience already wearing thin.

Spyder came in next with Mark and Leo following closely.

"Excuse me, slammer, but if you would just- thanks," Leo said, pushing in front so he was beside Harris and able to observe the ooze with a keen eye.

"Did he just-?"

"Call you 'slammer'? I believe he did." Harris answered.

"Good work, horseshoe," Leo complimented, "Where did you get the sample from?"

"It's Harris, and I gathered samples from underneath the school before we counteracted it with the serum."

"Right, Hatfield. Of course," Leo muttered to himself, squinting at the ooze.

"Leo..." Ryan began, "What are our names?"

Leo turned with a laugh, "Simple, Miriam, Soup, Hillywood, and Ryan." He said, pointing to each of them as he said their 'names'.

"He just called me a girl's name!"

"First of all, that's sexist," Harris resorted, "And secondly, at least you were called a name."

"Soup. He thinks my name is soup." Spyder muttered to himself.

"Why did you get my name right?" Ryan asked, taking a step toward Leo.

Leo picked up the ooze, bringing it closer to his face while chanting, "Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan."

He turned to Ryan, "You are the cause of this. Of all of this. All for you."

"Guys..." Harris whispered, panic in his voice.

Leo brought the vial to his lips, "Et viventem in nobis peribit!"

And with that, he drank the vial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanna cliffhanger so I'm gonna do so! Mwahahahaha ha h- *hacks* *doubles over* Whoo, never doing that again.

Either way, I'm gonna leave you hanging while I finish the next chapter and then I'll update it either today or tomorrow, depending on how far I get.

So yeah... Please don't hate me, just live life and love PINEAPPLES!!!