Part 2

Trip back home was uneventful. I took a bus and after 30 minutes of being squeezed with other unfortunate people who didn't have luxury of owning a car, I stood before my house. It was a simple brown family house with a decent size back yard. We lived in the block that had well paid residents and was in the outskirts of the New York center.

I noticed Drake's black Nissan sitting in the drive through. My mood evaporated into nothing and I pictured our conversation. It will end either with them letting me go, which was unlikely to happen since I already asked them 3 times, or them shouting at me that I didn't appreciate their attention and safety that they provided me. I understood that letting your kid alone on the trip is worrisome but I was 19 years old, I was possitive that I could take care of myself for a week or two.

I walked into my house and listened for anybody. TV's commercial rang in the background from the living room, so I made my way there. My mother with Drake were cuddled on the couch and for outsider they would look really cute, love in the air but I saw a stranger sitting with my mother for the reasons unknown to me.

I breathed a gulp of air for encouragement and stepped into the room.

'I'm home' my voice rang through the room, barely audible, but they picked it up instantly and I watched as their heads snapped my way. This moment could pass as part from horror movie.

'Where have you been? It's almost 5 o'clock' my mother asked, clearly annoyed by my intrusion to their cozy bubble.

'I told you yesterday that I will go take a cup of iced tea with my friends'

'Yes, you said that but we didn't let you go out for that long. You were expected home by lunch' Drake said and his beady eyes looked at me. I swear, he was trying to leave a hole inside me.

His words made me confused. They never said that to me, so how was I to know that?

'You didn't mention that' I defended myself.

'Lynae! Are you talking back to us?!' My mother shouted unexpectedly which caused me to flinch. Here goes my try to talk them into letting me go on the trip.

'No...' I mumbled looking down at my feet. My black flats with a white bow looked back at me and I imagined them sneering at me because I couldn't stand up to myself.

'Go to your room. Since you care about your friends more than your family, you won't have dinner today' my mother waved her hand dismissively and I looked up at her shocked. Where does she get those ideas from?

'I never said...'

'Enough! Be gone!' My mother shouted over me. I bit my lower lip in order to contain tears that build up and left them alone.

This happens every day and I am always at fault. Climbing up the stairs to my room I relived my day. Waking up, having breakfast and leaving house to meet the crew. They never said anything about coming back early. Well, I did tell my friends that my mom expected me early but I said that without a thought. Like when you bump into something or someone and you say "excuse me" or "sorry" without thinking.

I sighed and closed the door to my room. My room was a small with a window to our back garden. Purple wallpapers covered the walls with most of my furniture painted black. A double size bed by the wall to my right covered in light purple covers, a table by my window before me and a dresser to my left next to door that lead to the bathroom. That was all.

I threw my bag next to my table and sat down on my bed. With my bed sheets I cocooned myself from the outside world and took my phone. I had a message from Jack in our group chat.

"Everything is done. We are leaving on Friday 9 a.m."

I looked up to the calendar on my wall. It was Tuesday.

"Where are we meeting?" Anna wrote with annoyed emoji.

"Helicopter is at my house, so, obviously, at my place"

I snuggled deeper into my cocoon and noticed that all of us were online.

"Go without me, I can't" I wrote and was not surprised with answers that followed.

"Fuck the adults, you are 19 for the love of Jared Leto's cute butt"

"Anna, that was inappropriate"

"Shut up, Allan, nobody cares"

"We are busting you out right before the the trip, be prepared"

I smiled at how serious Jack sounded.

"No one is busting me out. You all leave without me. I'll find what to do"

I fell to my side still in my cocoon and watched how my friends unfolded their plan to "kidnap" me, completely ignoring my message.

"Okay, Lynae, have your suitcase prepared by 5 a.m. Allan will bring ladder for you to climb out of your room's window. Anna and he will come to take you and I'll rearrange the time, so that we leave at 6 a.m. Your parents do not wake up this early, right?"

I rolled my eyes, but went along.

"No, they wake up around 8 a.m."

"Good, by that time we will be long gone"

"You do understand that if I go with you all, they will kick me out of the house when I get back?"

"You will leave them soon enough anyway" Anna replied with a winky emoji.

She was wrong. My parents already sent documents to the college in our block, so that I would not leave them. My guess is that they want me to live my entire life with them and under their rule.

"I can't do it" Was all I wrote. My parents won't kick me out of the house. They will probably lock me in the basement and feed me only stale bread and water. I just hope they won't raise a hand before me.

"Lynae, grow some balls and rebel against them, at least this time" Anna replied and I sighed.

As much as I wanted to rebel and take matters into my own hand, I couldn't. I was too scared of my parents and what they could do. Over those three years with Drake in this household I grew submissive. As long as I was not hurt, I was fine with following their orders. Some might not know but Drake was former boxer and despite his already aged body, he could beat you into a peace of trash. With his career came strength and massive body that made you cover in fear. At least that was how he affected me.

"I won't" I wrote after a long moment and went offline.

With that done I broke my cocoon and changed into my pj shirt. Even though it was only past 6, I felt really tired for some reason. Making sure that my bedroom door was locked I buried myself into soft sheets and closed my eyes. Soon enough, I was out.