heartless

im a terrible person sorry guys

Requested by @Sholtxx

THIRD PERSON

It was currently a week before summer break was over. The week when everyone would soon be arriving home from vacation and settling back into their normal schedules.

However that wasn't the case for Y/N, she stayed home most of the day writing or reading and going for walks in the park.

She hid herself from the world in hopes of keeping her secret. Her supernatural secret.

Now she was swinging back and forth in a swing set near her old elementary school. She watched the old leaves stumble against the wind and felt the slight breeze on her face as her hair danced with it.

"Y/N?" A voice calls out quietly.

She looks up her eyes meeting a boy with messy dark hair wearing a green flannel.

"Hello." She greeted him with a gentle smile.

"It's me. Stiles." He takes a seat on the swing next to her. She quickly reads his mind searching for the memories that he was thinking of, until she realizes they used to be best friends when they were young.

"Oh yeah. Mischief." She smiles.

"Ha ha. Yeah it's Stiles now." He swings back and forth gently.

She nods her head unsure of what to say to the boy that was now a stranger to her.

"It's been a long time." He comments.

"Sure has." Her eyes look back at the leaves that moved around on the ground.

"How- how've you been?" He questions. 

"Good. Just waiting for summer to end." She says as she starts to kick the leaves that appeared near her feet.

"Don't you want summer to last?"

She looks at him with a curious expression. "Not really. Sitting around the house all day and reading isn't exactly fun, everyday for two months."

"Don't you hang out with friends and family?" He tilts his head continuing to swing back and forth gently.

"Not really." She says softly.

"Oh." He nods his head, looking at his sneakers that moved across the ground.

"Well you can hang out with me now." Stiles smiles at her.

She looks at him and smiles back, "Okay."

~

Ever since Stiles and Y/N reconnected as friends, they started to become inseparable at the start of the new year. Stiles hung out with Y/N even more then Scott sometimes.

"Stiles?" Scott tries getting his best friend's attention.

He turns his head and his focus away from Y/N, reverting his attention back to his friend.

"Did you even hear anything I said?"

"Not in the slightest." Stiles smiles.

"Dude, just ask her out already." Scott rolls his eyes.

"Who? What?" He chuckles nervously.

"Who else? The girl you've been staring at for hours." Scott rolls his eyes.