EIGHTEEN | Juggy & Mari

Mariah sat at Pop's next to Veronica. Betty and Jughead sat across from the two and the four were discussing random things. "You know Mariah, you never told us how your date with Archie went," Jughead commented. "You want to know how our date went?" She asked him, shock evident in her tone.

"No, not really. But I figured you would have been gushing about it by now," he replied with a shrug. Mariah rolled her eyes at the beanie wearing boy and Betty smacked his shoulder. "Well, it was great," Mariah began. "And so it begins," Jughead mumbled causing Mariah to throw a french fry at his head. It bounced off and hit the table and Jughead picked it up. He put it in his mouth and chewed, a cheeky smile on his face as he did so.

"Continue, I want to hear about your date," Betty exclaimed and Veronica nodded in agreement. Mariah looked away from them, a blush coating her cheeks. "There's nothing to tell. It was nice," she said. "We're gonna get it out if you one way or another," Veronica declared, eyes slightly narrowed. "Hey, did Archie tell you what happened at his dad's construction site?" Jughead questioned suddenly.

"No, what happened?" Mariah asked slowly. Jughead told the three girls about the attack as if it were no big deal. "Why didn't you tell us this before?" Mariah asked the dark haired boy. "I forgot." He shrugged nonchalantly. "Poor Moose. Is he okay?" Betty asked. "His name is Moose, he's fine," Jughead replied. Veronica let out a small laugh and Mariah threw another french fry at him. He attempted to catch it in his mouth but it ended up hitting his nose. He ate that one too.

"Dude, what the hell? I've been texting you," Archie exclaimed as he walked into the diner. He sat down next to Mariah who scooted over and nudged Veronica to do the same. The dark haired girl scowled slightly but moved nonetheless. "Archie, Jughead just told us what happened," Betty said softly. "But I checked out at the words 'construction' and 'site'," Veronica added. "Is there a reason that I wasn't informed about this before today?" Mariah asked with narrowed eyes.

Archie just looked at Jughead and began to speak. "Moose and I are going to the Southside to find those Serpents. You in?" Archie said to the boy. "Whoa! Hey, you didn't say it was the Serpents who beat Moose up," Betty interjected, turning to look at Jughead. "'Cause we don't know that for a fact," Jughead replied, his eyes narrowed at Archie. "Well, it's still worth a shot if it can help my dad. Kevin's boyfriend can get us in," Archie said.

"Get you in where?" Veronica asked. "To some bar where the Serpents hang out. If Moose spots them, we call Sheriff Keller and get these goons arrested," Archie said. "Are you out of your mind, Archie? You cannot be serious right now!" Mariah exclaimed. "Archie, the Serpents are dangerous. They're drug-dealers," Betty said. "That's not what makes them dangerous, Betty," Mariah mumbled. "What? Says who?" Jughead frowned, his attention on Betty. "Polly. Remember? Trev told us that Jason was dealing drugs? It was for the Serpents," Betty said.

"Jason was dealing drugs? You're joking right?" Mariah asked incredulously and Betty shook her head sadly. "You people don't tell me anything. Did you not think that, maybe I should know this information?" Mariah said. "Telling you would have upset you, Mar," Jughead said. "Not telling me is upsetting me more, Jug," Mariah snapped. "Look, you heard my dad, Jughead. Clifford Blossom is trying to torpedo him. Sheriff Keller basically blew him off right in front of us. Somebody needs to do something," Archie said and Mariah glared at him for interrupting her.

"That somebody, doesn't have to be you," the blonde said, eyes narrowed. Archie stood up and began putting on his jacket. "Archie, going into that bar is a bad idea," Jughead said. "I agree," Mariah added. "Jughead, are you coming with me or not?" Archie asked, eyes piercing into his friend. It was quiet for a moment and all eyes turned to Jughead, who said nothing. "Thanks for having my back," Archie said before walking towards the exit.