Chapter 7

When Jack and Kihone returned the meeting started. The counselors talked constantly, leaving no room for discussion. Jack and Kihone listened as people argued and yelled at each other about what they should do until Chiron finally asked for Jack's opinion. "Why were you so surprised about Tartarus being the deity that's challenging Olympus?"

Jack sighed before responding. "I've been almost every where in my long life, Tartarus multiple times. I made friends with the old primordial. And usually he's not someone who is overly excited about war." Kihone nodded her agreement with what her friend said.

"Yes, contrary to popular belief, Tartarus is a typically peaceful being. Unless anyone trespasses in his domain that is."

"What do you suggest we do then?" Chiron questioned.

Jack and Kihone shared a glance. "I believe that some one has to talk to Tartarus himself if we want answers."
Jack said.

"Well," Clarisse began, "we can't just IM Tartarus, now can we?"

"No, someone will have to travel to Tartarus to converse with him." Kihone relented.

"And who would ever want to do that?" Colvis drawled.

Jack sighed "I will go," some of the counselors objected, remembering how Percy was last time he came back from Tartarus, "I am familiar with the terrain and can approach Tartarus to talk to him."

Annabeth spoke up for the first time, "Don't act all high and mighty, we all remember how you reacted last time."

"Excuse me?" Jack questioned, giving Annabeth a second to take back her words.

"You heard me. You may have convinced your self that you are not Percy Jackson, but the rest of us know better. You are not going!" Annabeth stated.

"Oh no" Kihone muttered.

"I will have you know that you know nothing. You are an ignorant, naive little girl. If you think you have any idea who I am or how I react to things then you are terribly mistaken. I will not be insulated by you. All you are are weak demigods. Nothing more. I will not punish myself by being held at your standards." Jack turned and walked out the door. Kihone followed him out.

The remaining people in the room were shocked. "There's no way he was ever Percy" Leo said.

"Yeah, Percy never would have walked out of a meeting. I mean come on, he called us 'ignorant, naive demigods.' Since when can he even spell ignorant?" Piper asked. Others grumbled their opinions.

"I tried to give him Riptide" Thalia started, "but he told me it was unbalanced, and gave it back." The demigods were all shocked.

"That's not possible, is it?" Jason asked, turning to Chiron.

"I'm afraid it is" Chiron sighed.

"But how?" Hazel questioned.

"Jack or... Perseus, changed his identity, from what I have observed he changed his personality and mindset completely. Jack seemed to have forgotten he ever was Percy until he became reacquainted with the mythical world." Chiron paused. "He has been in isolation for millennia, we can not expect him to be the same, or any where near... It is completely possible that the blade does not suit him any more. After all, you all have seen his new style of fighting... He used a bow for Hades' sake! Either way I believe after this favor we may never see him again. Especially if he continues to feel insulted." The counselors nodded, relenting to the logic.

----------line break-----------

It was late at night as Nico walked through the woods behind the cabins. He wasn't worried about harpies, they knew better than to mess with him.
As he walked further in he became aware some one was watching him.
He turned over his shoulder to find no one. He looked up to see a pair of icy eyes staring unblinkingly at him. "Hey, Frosty" Nico greeted the person in the tree. The figure growled slightly before jumping down.

"Di' Angelo" Jack responded.

"What are you doing out here?" Nico was puzzled, it was winter after all, most people would be inside a warm cabin.

"I could ask the same for you."

"Yeah but I asked first." Nico pressed. Jack just stared stubbornly and didn't respond. "Fine." Nico relented, "I was taking a walk, my cabin was too stuffy." Nico gave Jack a look that obviously said 'your turn.'

"I was sleeping, until you stomped through here." Jack said.

"Sleeping in a tree?" Nico asked incredulously.

"Slept in a tree for centuries, nothings gonna change that now." Was Jacks response. An awkward silence followed.

"So uh... How do you like camp?" Nico broke the silence.

"I don't." Jack's reply was short.

"What? Why?" Nico couldn't believe it. Jack had grown up at camp. Sure he had been Percy at the time, but some fond memories must have remained.

"Too warm ya know? Never snows. And besides, I don't trust anyone here." On that note, Jack jumped back up into his tree, obviously signaling he was done talking.

As Nico walked back to his cabin all he could think was 'what does that mean?'

-----------------------

I did it! I finally updated... I'll try to update again in at least a week... At most a month hopefully. If I don't then just message me and ill get one it...
Hope you guys enjoyed it!
-EB