Part 5

Blake's mother opened the door and her face lit up.  "Carter!  I haven't seen you in ages!  How have you been?" 
    "I've been good, how about you, Peggy?"
    "Better, now that my two favorite people are back home!  How was the drive?  Anything interesting happen?"
     Blake and I looked at each other, debating whether to tell her about Patrick.  Actually I guess I was debating and she was pleading with me not to; there was next to no way she would've voluntarily told Peggy we saw him again.  Peggy was never a huge fan of Patrick. 
     "It was good," I said, "I didn't get the usual VIP showing of The Blake Show, which was weird, but it was still good."
      Blake made a face like she was shocked, grabbed her heart, and gasped.  "Would you like to see the show?  Because it's been awhile since I've performed it but I would gladly do it.  Let's just go get my band," she giggled as she sprinted up the steps to her bedroom.
     "Well now you've done it, haven't you?" Peggy laughed.
     "I should've seen it coming," I say, smiling.  "I apologize."
     "No need to apologize," she says, still laughing quite a lot.  "I haven't seen her this happy in a long, long time.  Thank you."
     Before I can reply to this, Blake is running down the steps again wearing a big pink boa and her rockstar sunglasses.  She has her cd player in one hand and microphones in the other.  "Sing with me, Car!"
     We sang for a long time.  We sang everything from AC-DC to Hannah Montana to Christmas music.  I guess I lost track of time and now we're late to meet Steve.
     "Blake!  It's already 1:30!  Start the car, I'll call Steve."
     "Be safe!"  Peggy called from the kitchen.  "Be home for dinner?  Carter, I'm making pie!"
     "Yeah, we'll be here.  Bye, Peggy!"  I call from halfway out the door.
     "Bye Mom, see you in a bit!" Blake called before slamming the door. 
     As we pulled out of the drive way she looks worried, but definitely less stressed.  "We have to hurry," she says, "he'll be gone soon if he's not already."