Prologue: New Girl, New Place, New Life

Great. Being the new girl is never fun. I have to learn everything all over again, because I'm guessing America is behind like usual. I put my chestnut brown hair in a bun and put on my Rolling Stones t-shirt. It's hot out, so I put on some shorts. I look too British. Maybe I should just wear a shirt that says 'food', that'll relate to these filthy Americans. Okay, maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but I never wanted to move here anyways. At all.

        "Lexi! Come on!" My dad yelled. I groaned and ran downstairs. "Oh come on, smile. You'll love this school." I rolled my eyes and scowled.

        "Let's go." I sighed and put my backpack around my shoulder and he nodded. To the cop car I go! Yes, my dad's a cop. It's always hilarious seeing the faces of people when we drive by. They all suddenly slow down, and act perfect.  Although my dad's a cop, he's still a regular layed-back guy. He could care less.

        The ride was silent, and we arrived to the school. Before I could get out, he grabbed my hand. "You'll be okay, alright? Make friends, be yourself. I love you, kid." I shut my eyes and held back tears. Usually Mom would say something like that. "Hey, if you need anything I’ll be at home. Just text me." He grinned. I got out of the car, and people stared us down. I guess they were all intimidated because he was a cop.

"Be careful out there okay?" I asked, referring to his job.  He looked into my eyes and grinned.

"You won't lose me. I promise. I'll see you later kid." I nodded and got out of the car.

        The air smelled like smoke, sweat, and food from the cafeteria. It was actually disgusting. We had to wait outside in the heat, until the bell rang and we were allowed to go inside. So, as I stood in the gross heat with a disgusting smell, making a gross face, I pulled out my phone and began to scroll through Instagram. People chattered, laughed, and hung out with their friends. It was crowded as hell, unlike the private school I attended in Yorkshire. 

        "Hi! You must be the new girl, welcome!" A tall blonde stood in front of me with a huge smile, in fact it was kind of creepy how excited she looked to see me. I put away my phone and gave her my full attention, so I didn't come across as mean.

        "Well, I’m a fresher. On the first day of school. We’re all new." I reminded. She bit her lip and pouted as if she wasn’t expecting such a rude response. I decided to smile a bit, to let her know I wasn’t trying to be mean, and the wide grin returned back to her face.

"Fresher? It’s freshman silly! You’re British right? How cool!  We Americans love British people. In fact, we're kind of obsessed with England. You're so cute! I know we will be best friends." I was shocked on the sudden interest in me. What was so cool about me being British? Besides, I had lived in America for quite some time now, I was catching on to the American accent. By the end of the year I will have mastered it.  "Oh! I'm Hannah by the way, and that's my group." She pointed to a bunch of girls and guys.

“I’m Lexi.” I told her, and she nodded as if she already knew that. I guess she did her research already? More creepy.

"Guys! Come over here! Meet Lexi! She’s the girl I was telling you about last year. You know? The one that’s coming from Yorkshire.” They nodded and waved slightly, then returned to their conversation. I guess they weren’t chipper like Hannah.

        "Hey." A boy with brown hair, and blueish greenish eyes came up to me. He wasn’t that tall, but he wasn’t short either. He was the only one that was acknowledging me out of the group Hannah was with, so I automatically appreciated him. “Nice to meet you.” He smiled and held out his hand. That voice...I recognized it. “I'm Jordan.” I shook his hand, and then it came to me. Jordan...oh my god, as in Bayani? As in the youtuber Bayani?

"You’re Bayani! I accidentally yelled. His eyes widened and he looked around, making sure no one heard me.

        Then, walking past us, a huge group of guys came up and called for him. There were nine. Nine boys.  I immediately saw some people I recognized. Blake, Matt, Colt, Julio, Michael, and...oh my god. What is this? Why were all my favorite youtubers here? Jordan stared at me with hesitation, but then ran to them. I couldn't believe what just happened. After chatting a bit, the boys separated and went their own ways.