N I N E

Xiumin's POV

I looked at Chen and felt my heart sting. I guess I don't have to tell him about Suho anyway. He's already found out or sort of. I was nervous.

"Why do you think that?" I said softly not wanting to seem pushy. My nervousness rising. Chen heaved a sigh.

I'm getting really nervous and sad. This is my first time seeing Chen on the edge of crying and I hate it. I despise it.

"I went over to his room here not long ago and I heard him talking on the phone with someone," Chen stopped and closed his eyes as if to try and stop himself from crying.

My heart broke. Of all the ways he could find out, it had to be like this.

I wanted to reach out for him and hold him in my arms. I wanted to caress his cheek and say everything's okay, but everything's not okay.

"I heard him talking to someone on the phone," Chen said continuing. "And he said 'stop it, you're making me blush'. I don't know what to believe. He said it was nothing; that it was just his mum, but it seemed weird. I wouldn't say stuff like that to my mum," Chen said still trying his hardest to hold back tears.

My heart broke even more. He doesn't deserve this. He definitely doesn't deserve this.

How can Suho say something like that? Chen isn't stupid. It was obvious that Chen would get suspicious.

"I also tried to ask him about what happened today at the studio, but he said that it was nothing as well and that nothing would change between us. I didn't even ask him that so why did he say that?" Chen finally let go and allowed the tears to fall. I couldn't help myself anymore.

I went over and sat beside taking him in my arms and held him there while he silently let the tears fall with his shoulders shaking. He leaned into me and laid his head on my chest and I caressed him.

I laid my head on top of his and just wished that what happened with Suho never would've happened. I wished he would have fallen for me and not Suho. He wouldn't be crying now if he had chosen me.

He lifted his head and looked at me. His eyes red from all the tears. My heart breaking even more from the sight.

"What do you think? Is Suho cheating on me, Xiumin?" I could feel my eyes sting, but I held back. I had to be strong for Chen.

Should I tell him the truth now and just get over with it? Or should I wait? I don't know what to say.

I decided to tell him what felt in my heart. I brushed my finger over his cheek and opened my mouth.

"Well, I think you should stay suspicious, but not that much because it could start taking over you. Just be cautious of what he does. Don't worry too much about it," I told him truthfully even though it wasn't the whole truth, but I think telling him will only worry him more and I don't want that.

"I can't help but worry, Xiumin. I've never felt like crying so much  since we won our first award. I can't stop it and it's killing me. It's like a bug has gotten into my heart and is eating it agonisingly slow," Chen, I'm so sorry. I wish this never happened to you. Please forgive me for not making you fall for me instead.

"You just have to try, Chen. I know it's hard, but worrying only kills your will to live or your will to believe in something and I don't want that for you," I said trying to convince him. I meant everything I said. Every single word.

Chen looked up at me still with tears in his eyes. His lips trembling slightly. I wanted to cry seeing this side of him, but instead I mustered the best smile I could.

Chen sighed smiling back at me. I pulled him in for another hug and he wrapped his arms around me as well. I squeezed him slightly, pressing him closer to me and felt him smile. His head was once again lying on my chest and felt my heart flutter. I always hug Chen, but having him hugging me like this, in a situation like this, is more special.

"Come Chen, lets go to sleep, okay?" I said breaking the hug and looked at him. "Relax and just try stop worrying a bit, okay? Lets worry about it tomorrow," I said rubbing 2 fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes and smiled at me for a moment, heaving a sigh.

"Yeah, you're right. I should just stop worrying, but I can't forget what I've seen or heard. Our relationship won't be the same unless he tells me the truth," he said looking down and fiddled with his fingers. I couldn't stop myself from brushing my fingers through his hair.

"Exactly, Chen. Don't worry too much," I smiled at him and hugged him one more time before letting him go.

"Goodnight, Chenny," I said and went over to my bed. I pulled the covers over myself and looked over at Chen, who had followed my lead.

"Goodnight, Xiumin," he smiled and closed his eyes. I closed mine too and smiled to myself.

Thank god Chen became suspicious. I didn't really want to tell Chen about Suho cheating because I didn't want Chen to think I was crazy. I had no prove that Suho would be cheating.

I just hope everything works out and that the thing with Suho will just stop.

The love I have for Chen is too big that I can bare see him hurting like this.

I pray his sleep is peaceful. Please God.

•••

*crying intensifies* *hands out tissues for everyone*

Update! Yaaay. It took some time to this chapter, so I hope you like it!

And thank you for reading so far. It means a lot to me❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment, babies!

I love y'all 💋

- -

Always_EXO-L xx