Chapter 7

Nathan's POV:

"And the first partners are... Ava and Aiden!"

Ava jerked her head up as she heard the partners. She looked frantically around until she found where Aiden was sitting and staring at her. She flipped him off.

"The next partners are... Nathan and Mason!"

At least I got a good partner. Maybe we could do a group hangout, just so I could make sure she was safe.

Once Mrs. Randal finished saying the partners, we found them and started working. On Ava's way over to Aiden, she came over to me.

"Pray for me." She said as she walked away.

"Dang! Your girl is hot! I want a taste!" Mason said.

"How many times do I have to tell you? She isn't my girl." I said for the billionth time.

As much as I would like that.

* * * * *

Ava's POV:

I slowly walked over to my partner, dreading the next few weeks I had to work with him. Of all people, I had to get him.

"Hey beautiful." Aiden said as I sat next to him.

"I said don't call me that." I replied.

"Oh please. You know you want this back." He said as he flexed his arm muscles.

"Actually, I don't. Not anymore." I said. He wrote his number down on a corner of out paper and tore it off.

"Here. Text me later." He continued, ignoring what I had just said. I crumpled up the paper and threw it across the room.

"Hey! What was that for?" He asked indignantly.

"I don't want your number." I answered. That's when the bell rang. Thank god.

"I'll talk to you later!" He called over his shoulder as he left.

"So how was it?" Nathan asked. I didn't notice he had come up behind me.

"Torture." I replied. "Let's go."

We walked down the hall together until we got to my class.

"See you later." He said as he walked into his class.

I went to my next class (Math) and tried not to fall asleep, but failed like always.

* * * * *

Nathan's POV:

Finally it was lunch. I sat at a table with Mason, Jack, Ava, Marie, and Gabby. Marie and Gabby were Ava's friends that she had made over the week.

"Hey guys." I said as I sat my tray down.

"Hey." They said in unison.

"So did you hear about what Jenilyn did?" Marie asked as the girls started their daily gossip. It was hard not to listen to it.

About five minutes into lunch, Ava had to go to the bathroom. Like usual.

"I have to pee! Be right back!" She said as she ran off. We all laughed. She was so cute.