Chapter 8

{two weeks later}

Nathan's POV:

I was waiting for Ava to leave the school so I could drive her home. It was taking too long. Longer than normal. I decided to text her.

"Hey. Where r u? I'm waiting outside in my car for u"

I got a reply quickly.

"Oh. My mom took me home today. Sorry to keep you waiting. 😥"

"That's fine. See u soon" I replied.

Wait. Her mom doesn't pick her up. Ever. Something's going on. I called her phone, but didn't get an answer. I tried calling three times. She never answered any. Maybe she was still in the school.

Ava's POV:

On my way out of school, I was pulled into a bathroom by someone. They locked the door, my only exit, and had already turned out the lights.

"Who is that? I swear, if it's you Gabby,-" I was cut off by a low voice.

"I don't know a Gabby." They said in an all too familiar voice.

"Aiden?" I asked. I started feeling around the wall for the light.

"Yup. That's me." He said. I heard his footsteps start getting closer.

I finally found the light and turned it on. He was in front of me. I started screaming. He put his hand over my mouth to muffle me.

"Now, now, we don't want to get caught do we?" He asked as he slipped my phone out of my back pocket. He texted back a worried Nathan saying my mom came to pick me up.

I tried to reply to his question but his hand muffled whatever I said. I licked his hand.

"Ewww! What the hell?" He said along with many more cuss words. He let go of me to wipe his hand off and I ran. I tried to open the door, but it wouldn't open. It was locked.

"Need this?" He asked, holding up some keys.

I started screaming again. This time, he grabbed me with one arm, while taking off his shirt with the other and tied his shirt around my mouth. He held my arms behind my back.

"Why do you have to be so difficult?" He asked. I could hear his breathing start to change. I needed a way out. And fast.

I started struggling, but he was too strong.

"Stop struggling. You're making this harder for yourself." He said as he pushed me against a wall.

"Why don't we continue this at my place? It's on campus." He whispered in my ear. I swung my head so it hit his head hard.

"Ow!" He said as he stumbled backwards. The second he loosened his grip on me, I darted away and locked myself in one of the stalls. I pulled his shirt off my mouth.

"Come on. You can't stay in there forever." He said. I didn't reply. He started banging on the door.

"I said, come out!" He yelled. He started trying to knock down the door to get in.

"Why. Do. You. Never. Listen. To. Me!" He said in between throwing himself at the stall door. It finally caved in, whacking the side of the stall.

He grabbed my wrist in the same spot as he had a couple weeks ago and pulled me toward him.

"Just relax." He said as he pushed me against one of the walls again.

"Ow!" I said as I started crying. That's when the bathroom door opened.

"What going on in here?"