Chapter 4: Eat Lunch With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

I cannot believe I'm fake dating Elysandra. What have I done? I mean, I had to do something. I couldn't let Christian date her. Christian is known to be a player. Hell, the whole hockey team is know to be players. And he's the captain! I honestly can't trust anyone to date Ely, but especially not Christian. Hearing her talk about missing out on dating other guys because she is pretending to date me hurt way more than it should. But I can't focus on that right now. Right now, I have to focus on getting Ely to fall for me before Christian falls for someone else. Maybe I can-

"Justin? What is with you today? You're so spacey," Ely says while waving a hand in front of my face. "It's your turn to order."

I look around realizing we are in the front of the line at Panera, and the cashier is waiting for my order. I quickly blurt out my order, and pay with my credit card. Ely reaches in her bag, pulling out a few bills. I close her hand around the money. Why would she think she has to pay me back?

"You're not really my boyfriend, ya know? You don't have to pay for my food, J," she says to me, smiling. God, her smile is beautiful. Her chocolate brown eyes are beautiful. Her warm, brown skin is beautiful. Her bouncy, curly hair is beautiful. I just wanna run my f-

"Two Mac and Cheeses for Justin!" an employee yells out. We walk over to get the food, and we find a booth. Ely loves booths. As we begin to eat, Ely's eyes light up, and she waves someone over. God, she's so pretty when she's excited.

"Hey Aubree!" Ely says to the redhead girl walking towards our table. "Justin, this is Aubree, from my Econ class. She pretty much saved me when the professor called on me while I was sleeping. I would've been dead," Ely explains, her face animated. "And Aubree, this is Justin, I told you about him earlier, remember?" Ely told her about me? I wonder what she said.

"Well, yeah, but you didn't tell me he was this cute!" Aubree says, placing a hand on my shoulder. I blush, caught off guard by her forwardness.

"Yeah, well, I wouldn't be dating him if he were ugly," Ely jokes nervously, twirling one of her curls around her finger. I smirk at Ely. Well, well, well, looks like fake dating me isn't so bad after all.

"Oh, I didn't know you two we're together!" Aubree says, removing her hand from my shoulder, and placing it over her heart.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? Yeah, we've been together for the longest time," Ely laughs. "He just bought me Mac and Cheese; isn't he adorable?" She asks. I mean, she hasn't lied. But why is she doing this? I definitely need to ask her about this later.

"Only the cutest! Well, I'll leave the lovely couple in peace, I'll see you Wednesday, Ely!" Aubree says, leaving. I try to hold back my laughter, but I can't.

"Wednesday," is all I can get out. Ely jokingly glares at me. "And, uh, we're dating? I don't know about this. What about all the girls I could be dating?" I say, my words soaked in sarcasm. This is just too good.

"If we're gonna fake date, we're gonna do it right. I don't need Aubree putting the moves on you, making me look like some kind of doormat girlfriend. That's just not the reputation I want," Ely says adamantly. Though she says it's to uphold her reputation, I know there's more to it. I'm her best friend, and I can see right through the excuses. She wants to date me. Or fake date me. Or whatever. I just have to get her to admit it.

"Sure," I say, the sarcasm still present in my voice. "It's definitely not because you like me," I say, quickly.

Ely's chocolate brown eyes widen as she spits out the water she was sipping on. "I do not!" she yells, appalled.

"I know. That's what I said. No need to get angry," I say smirking. She just glares at me, but I know I'm starting to get to her.