Chapter 29: The Day...(Will)

Everything​ was fine. Everything was under control. Louisa had completed her nine months. It was time now. She could deliver . The doctor said that she would be delivering in this week, so we had to be extra careful. She had been vomitting alot and that actually worried me. She literally stayed in the room for quite some time. "I wanna go out". She said.

"No".
"Please Will come on !. I've been in this room for three days!".
"No".
"William!!!".
"Ahhhhh.. why are you so stubborn!?.you can't move much we need to take extra care don't you understand?!."
"I do but I might pull my hair off if I'm staying in this room any longer !".
"Oh God !".
"Please you're there to take care of me ."
"Nothing can happen to me when you're around. I am always going to be safe with you ".
There was a long pause. She kept on looking at me with expectant and hopeful eyes.
"Alright.."
"You're the best!".she said letting her arms out to me . I smiled back and embraced her. She kissed my cheek.
"I wanna have ice cream ". She said.
"Okay,but we gotta be extra careful".
She nodded.

And so after taking my mother's permission, we left for having ice cream. I preferred driving the car myself ,so actually gave leave to the driver. "Why are you so serious?". Lou asked in the passenger seat.
"What?". I didn't want to loose my focus from the road. Not today.
"Why are you driving like someone has a gun pointed on your head?".
"No...it's just that I don't want to loose my focus on the road and reach the parlour safely"..
"Will you're going to be just fine".
She caressed my cheek. "Look at me ".
"I'm driving Lou".
"Just look at me ". She tried to make me face her .
"I'm not looking at you right now "..
Suddenly she held her stomach. And let out a groan.
"Will....I ".
"What ?  Louisa what ".
She groaned in pain again.
"I think my water broke ".
I stopped the car and turned towards her.
"Okay okay don't worry we're going to the hospital".

Now I was the one panicking. Her groans became louder .
"Is it hurting too much ?,".
She nodded. I was sweating. I was sweating really bad.
After twenty minutes we reached the hospital. I quickly came out of the car and picked Louisa up in my arms and ran inside the hospital .

Thankfully our family doctor Samuel Ravenheart was at the reception.
"Did the water break?".
Both of us nodded. Quickly he put Louisa on the stretcher and took her inside the operation theatre.
Her screams out of pain were getting louder. I was holding her hand.  "You're going to be just fine " . I said softly. She nodded and was taken inside the operation theatre.

I finally sat down and decided to call our parents. Our whole family. This was a panick stricken situation for me . I didn't know how to react. Seeing Lou in so much pain and agony,made me regret the fact that she was pregnant. Suddenly I felt a hand of my shoulder. It was mom,Lou's mother. I saw her and she pulled me into an embrace. "She's going to be fine....shes going to be fine ". She whispered softly as she stroked my head. It had been an hour. I was sitting with my parents. My father kept his hand on my shoulder.

"She's a strong woman. Don't worry ".
I quietly nodded. I just kept on praying that she was okay. I couldn't bare to loose her. If I did then I would die. I would really die. I would commit suicide. I would kill myself. I couldn't live without her. After a short while the nurse came out. I quickly ran to her. "nurse hows she ?. My wife how is she ?".
"She's lost alot of blood we cannot say anything for now " and she ran towards the other end of the corridor.
I collapsed on the Chair. This was not happening. This was not happening. My parents went down on their knees and started to reassure me that everything was going to be okay. But I couldn't listen to them.

Her operation went on for another hour. After the hard struggle. Dr. Ravenheart came out.
"Both the mother and the baby are safe...it's a girl".
Everybody let out a cry of satisfaction and Happiness. I breathed a sigh of relief. She was okay. She was okay. There were tears in my eyes. "you're a father son. You're a father!". Exclaimed my father and hugged me tightly. I couldn't react. I couldn't speak. I ran to Ravenheart. "When can I meet her?".
"In a while you will".
I took his hand and shook it.
"Thank you sir ".
"Oh cut out the formality. And congratulations you're a father William". He said with a smile. I smiled back.