Part 4

We heard a knock on the door, Merci answered, we looked out the window to see who it was, it was Kyoya. Of course it was he said he was going to pick me up in two hours, "Ryuga, it's Kyoya, what do we do?" I asked worriedly. "Hey it's fine, i'll go down there and tell him that you are staying with me. Ok?" he told me, "But you know kyoya, he is so stubborn," "as am I." "yea I guess you are," I said burying my face in his chest. He held me there until we heard Merci call us, "Master Ryuga, Kyoya is here, and he demands you bring Mis Madeline out to him." Merci's voice seemed nervous, Kyoya must have yelled, I groaned, "I don't want to go Ryuga, make him go away." I told him, "I will!" He gave me a smile and started walking down stairs, I followed him but stayed behind, I did not want Kyoya to see me.

Ryuga's POV

Stupid Kyoya, I am tired of him barging in on my plans.

Madeline I could tell was hiding behind me, somewhere, she was afraid that he would take her, I would not let him, she was mine. I waved my hand to open the door, and there he stood, looking angry, I gave a smirk, "Well look who it is, mr, house cat," I said, he just growled, "Where is Madeline?" I smirked even more, "She's inside, she doesn't want to come out, and she is staying with me," he glared at me, "are you glaring? Ha! That was the most pathetic glare I have ever seen, you are almost more pathic than that Gingka. Glares don't work on me, I do the glaring around here." I laughed "I told her she would be coming back in two hours, she will be coming with me," he ignored my insult, that made me angry. "hmm well let me think... why don't we let her decide?" "fine" he growled at me, "Madeline, can you come out here?" I saw her walk out, she was trying to be confident, her back was straight, and she was walking with confidence, her short hair swaying in the breeze. "Yea?" she asked us, "We want you to chose who you will go with, Me or Ryuga?" Kyoya said staring at her as if silently pleading with her, I looked at her, and gave her the warmest smile I could, possibly manage. "Ok, well I have a idea," Madeline said, "I will listen to your reasons for wanting me to come with either one of you," She gave a smirk. "Kyoya you will go first. Go!" "Ok then I like your idea. Well if you come with me, I can, give you protection, and you will have many friends, like Madoka, and Gingka and all of us, please come with me!" Kyoya said, "Ok Ryuga, your turn." She turned to me. "Ok then, if you stay with me, we can visit all your friends, Madoka, Gingka, if you want, also I will train you, you told me you wanted to become a great blader, just as strong as me, I can teach you that, I will also protect you from the villagers, which I know that they are tracking you, I will have someone look at your wounds and stuff, please stay with me!" I pleaded, I knew I had a chance, but who would she choose? She did tell me that she would stay with me, earlier. "Well, they are all good reasons, let me think for moment." I thought I saw her wink at me, but I could have just imagined it. "Well," she said a few moments later. "I choose, Ryuga, because, he told me I could visit my friends, he would train me, protect me, and have a doctor look at my wounds." I don't think those were the only reasons but I just went with it, I would ask her about it later. Kyoya looked sad but nodded, "Well Madi, promise me I will see you again. OK?" He told her, "Kyoya, I will see you again, as Ryuga said, I will visit." she gave him a smile, and he gave her a sad one. I felt awkward there, although I won the match. After they parted ways, Madeline came and gave me a big hug, and I hugged her back, she was now mine, and I was happy.

Dinner was nice, we had steak, she ate almost all of hers, "How is it Madi?" I asked her "It's really good! I am still getting used to the concept of full meals but it's coming along." She smiled at me.

After dinner I showed Madi her new room. "Ok so this room is yours," I opened the door and lead her inside, the room was beautiful, it was temporary, and we would be leaving in two days but whatever, it was a white room, with a bed, a couch, a tv, and I noticed the dragons, I knew she loved dragons just as much as I did. "Ryuga it's so pretty!" She said running into my arms, "It is isn't it? You love dragons just as much as me, right?" "Yea I do, they are so cool, the white and red ones are so beautiful." she seemed so excited. "Madi, is there another reason that you chose me?" I asked her, it had been on my mind, but I didn't have the chance to ask her until now. She sat down on the couch, and patted another part of it, wanting me to sit down, I came and sat down. "Well Ryuga, I chose you because of the reasons I mentioned, but there are more reasons," she started "Another reason is, that I already told you I would be staying with you." "That is not all. I can tell, come on spill it." I told her, teasing her, she started blushing, I knew there was something, "Well, kyoya may have been there longer for me, but you have always been my best friend, and well, my crush, even when you were gone I still thought about you, even when Kyoya left." She sighed, I pulled her close to me, and she buried her head in my chest, her face still red. We sat there for a few minutes.

I looked out the window, the sunset was about to start, I got up and pulled her with me, "Come on follow me," I took her hand, and we went to the rooftop, I sat over the ledge, and I helped her onto it. There was a balcony under us. She clung onto my arm, she must have been afraid of heights, "It's ok Madi, I got you," I told her, rubbing her back, I felt her scars, there were so many, they ran up and down her back. "Madi, are you ok?" I asked her, "yea I am, they will hurt sometimes but not very often." She relaxed a bit after that, and I changed my position to put my arm around her. She snuggled next me and I pulled her close. The sunset was beautiful, the colors were a beautiful purple, red, and yellow. "Wow..." She said her eyes fixed upon the beautiful sky. I smiled at her and she smiled back. After it was completely set and was dark, our lips met, and we fell into a kiss, her lips were soft and pure. When we finally pulled away, I held her closer, and we sat like that for what felt like only two minutes, but was really two hours. "Ryuga?" "Yes, Madi?" "I love you, and I have missed you so much." She told me, and I felt her arms around me, hugging me, and resting her head on my shoulder. Love was one of the things I had not experienced in a long time, to have someone love me, was almost new and I had missed this feeling. After a few minutes I heard a light snore, I looked down and sure enough she was sleep on my shoulder. I picked her up and carried her to her room, laid her down on her bed and tucked her in. "Good night Madi, I hope you sleep well." I whispered before kissing her on her head and going to my own room.