Chapter 1

I walk through the big, brown doors and enter the 'strong' house. This is the agencies main headquarters so to speak. Here is the captains quarters, his private and main office, the interrogation rooms, the holding cells, the hospital, a few conference rooms, a few bedrooms, and the assignment rooms. That's where you pick up your assignments, unless you're me. I pick my assignments straight from the captain. Which just so happens to be where I'm going now, so I start my three minute walk down to the captains office. 

If you wonder who 'I' am then I'll tell you I'm Elizabeth Cornal Esteral. I was taken from my home when I was five years old. I have no idea who or where I came from. I know very little of my past only this reoccurring dream and I don't even know if its real or not. 

I am special. I am raised as a hunter yet somehow I have wolf blood. Which is why I know I'm not from around here any wolf here is killed; pregnant, female, male, or child they don't care. I have always refused an case with a child involved. I don't kill children ever. But anyway I can't come from around here they would have killed me on sight. Someone must have brought me in.

I have bright blond hair and blond eyes, that's how I know I'm special. Even in the werewolf world only a few have the same color eyes and same color hair, those few are very special, they can speak with the Moon Goddess. Very few know this fact. 

I learned the hard way. I was about 15, I was sitting in my room tending to some injuries from the training  I had had earlier that day. When suddenly this calm sweet like honey-like voice came. I looked around my plain room, with its grey walls and nothing was different, nothing out of place. So, I assumed I was imagining the honey voice. Until it spoke again. 

"Elisabeth," it said so calm, in a whisper, like it was completely normal to be hearing a voice in a soundproof, bland room where there was no T.V., no radios, no cellphone. "Elisabeth, are you listening now?"

I didn't know if I should answer or not so of course I answered. "I didn't know you was talking before."

"Oh, Elisabeth. I've been talking since you were born you've just never listened." That, of course could be true. I don't usually listen to voices coming from the walls most people would think that would make you crazy. But hey, maybe I'm crazy for thinking that.

"You are not crazy Elisabeth, you are special." The voice says.

"If you're reading my mind then you may be in it therefore you are probably part of my imagination and fake. That alone would make me crazy. Plus there's the point that you're calling me special which is another way of saying I am "different" or a nice way of saying crazy." I told it in a very nice. sarcastic  voice, it may have been because I was going completely insane or I was accepting crazy. 

"You are a wolf correct?" Is the simplest question but it holds so much in the simple answer.

"Who's asking" Is all I respond with. It's quiet for a moment so I start to question if I should go to the hospital. Maybe one of the hits to my head from training was a little to hard. Suddenly there was a loud coming from the soul laugh. 

"It is I, the one who made you."

"You mean to tell me, you're my mother. Oh great indeed a voice inside my head is my mother." i think out loud to the so called voice.

"In a way but no. I am the Selene, the Moon Goddess. Mother and creator to all werewolves." 

"I've heard of you." I say no more. 

As I come to the big, solid mahogany doors I am pulled from my memory.  I check myself over quickly making sure I am in perfect condition, hair back in a perfect bun, my tight leather shirt that fits like a second skin tight as ever yet still giving me the perfect range of motion, my stretchy tight black leather pants that match my shirt, then to finish the look black combat boots with silver bullets lacing the top and across the area of my foot and leg meet. I added my own mask when I'm hunting a piece of cloth that goes right under my eye to below my collar an embroidered red rose starting just under my left eye going down my cheek with the stem starting at my jaw line heading to my collar and no lower. I also added a black trench coat that goes down to my knees it helps me hide my weapons until I need to draw them. 

The captain expects perfect. Once I'm sure my weapons are hid and I'm in perfect uniform I knock on the door. I stand patiently waiting for a "come in." After a few breaths the captain called me in. 

"You wanted me, sir?" I ask.

"Yes, Elisabeth. Sit down." He's always straight to the point. He hands me a file, with classified stamped on it. "Elisabeth, your next assignment."

I do not open the file. I can read it later. Plus he hates it when I don't open it here "Where is it sir?" 

"Burial Grounds, Kentucky." He sits still for a moment. "If you have any other questions come to me in the morning, If not I expect you to leave by tomorrow night." 

"Yes, sir." With that I take my leave.