Chapter 18: New

Valentine Hart

I know that I'd get in trouble again for not going back to the dorm, it just don't feel like facing the reality that everything's not the same.

"I'm...sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't mean for you to get caught in between." I told Jungkook who still insisted on walking me home though I told him that its okay for him to go.

"It's fine. Did you guys fight or something?" He asked.

"He's just...mad at me, and I get that but he doesn't have to be such a jerk about it." I looked away. I admit that I did something wrong but I've never seen him like this before.

"I see.."

"What do you see? Exactly." I became curious.

"I think I'm just starting to understand how things are." He grinned.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said.

"Never mind. Just go in." He started pushing me to go inside the front door.

"Wait, no---I wanna know what you were talking---" I didn't even said goodbye properly.

Though I'm having a bucket load of emotions pouring inside me, all I could do was lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. With all of this happening, things at school got affected. We're gonna have this charity concert with all the colleges and universities taking part in it, and for the first time I really want to perform since its for a good cause but to my surprise, our principal told me herself that it's best if I sit this one out.

I got used to being told what I'm supposed to do and now that I actually want to do it, they won't let me. When I thought about it, it would be really burdensome on the school's part. After all, the event is going to be broadcasted live and I think it wouldn't be ideal if I cause some confusion because of this 'hidden daughter' thing.

.
.
.
.
.
.

It's just the usual day at school, I say usual since people still talk behind my back or stare at me while I walk by but today though, I feel like there's something different.

I walked passed the bulletin boards and saw my name. The first thing that went through my mind is that maybe I got in trouble or something but then It said, 'VALENTINE HART, NEW FACE OF WORTHINGTON UNIVERSITY and REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE LA 2017 CHARITY CONCERT'

I went to the cafeteria for lunch.
"Joy, what's this new face thing for tomorrow's charity concert. I don't get it." I said to Joy who was running from somewhere.

"I was just looking for you to talk about it. Apparently, the students voted for you to be the new face of the school" she seemed pretty pumped about it.

"Wait, what?! I'm not even allowed to perform tomorrow." I argued.

"No duh, the school's new face represents the school in advertisements and brochures and stuff, and in this case, you'll be one of the hosts from each school who'll be joining the event tomorrow. Every year the school lets the students vote on whoever that person might be, and they chose you." She smiled.

"For real? why? I mean, I don't think the principal's gonna be okay with that, she's the one who suggested that I shouldn't perform tomorrow so it won't cause any fuss." I said.