Chapter 21: Unexpectedly

Valentine Hart King

"I'm saying that I like you, more than you know." He stared right at me. It's like, if we ever get hit by a meteor, we won't probably notice it. His voice was all I could hear. His face was all I could see. What is this.

"W-wha--How can you be so straightforward like this? What am I supposed to say?" I tried to calm myself down.

"I know you're still caught up in all of this but I don't wanna rush things. I'm just telling you this since Jimin might do the same and we all know he looks like an adorable Pokemon, there's a possibility you can't say no." Though it sounds a bit funny, he's actually pretty serious.

"Well yeah that's somewhat true." I said and laughed.
"But...honestly speaking, I feel relieved when I'm around you. It's the same feeling I get when I'm with Daniel." I sad and he looked sad.

"Oh, I'm going in the friend zone then?" He asked as if he already knew the answer.

"Between friends, we have this line on whether people should just remain as friends, or maybe even more OR less...the difference between you and Daniel is that...I'm willing---I'm willing to cross that line." I said.

"Y-you're not---messing with me, are you?"

"Hurry up, we're starting in a few minutes." I started walking again and just laughed.

"Val!....Val!" He walked behind me.

It might not be fair for Daniel but giving him false hopes isn't any better. I love Danny, truly but he's just my friend. With Jungkook, I feel different.

As everyone started practicing and everything, Jimin and I ended up being the ones who'll be in charge of taking care of things backstage while the performances goes on. We started discussing with others the floor plan, the flow and everything. It's killing me seriously me.

When everybody took a short break, I decided to tie my hair since it's already to messy and I don't want it to get in my way.
"Uh, this is harder than I thought." I said as I almost forgot the fact that I have a cast on.

"Something wrong?" Jimin turned to me.

"Jimin, could you help me tie my hair?" I handed him hair tie.

He looked dumbfounded and was actually hesitating on coming towards me.
"M-me? You want me to--uh I don't if I---uh---" he started blabbing again.

"Ay shut up already. Give me that, I'll do it." Jungkook grabbed my hair tie and stood behind me.

"Oh, okay." That was all I could say.

He's actually pretty good at this, even without a hair brush he managed to tie my hair nicely. Then I noticed the guys were laughing and hitting each other for I don't what reason. They look awfully suspicious.

"Wow, Val...everyone's talking about you right now." V suddenly said.

He faced his phone to me.
"Will you look at that, I posted this 10 minutes ago and you've got more mentions than Jungkook." V said. He posted a picture of me and Jungkook while he was helping me tie my hair.

"V! This is so wrong! Why'd you posted this?" I literally ran to him.

They kept teasing me for the past 5 minutes already, and I feel like dying. I'm not sure if I'm okay to go out of the building.