9

The next morning before school Clay went to see Tony. To talk to him for all and once. His dad drove him and stayed in the car.

„I'll be right back, it won't take long", he said.

Tony was cleaning his car as he looked up to see who was walking toward him.

„What's up?", Tony asked, softly.

„Yeah. You know, it's starting to make sense to me", he answered.

„What do you mean?"

„Those guys in school, you kept staring at us. You told me they're using me and they're lying to me. Did you say it because you wanted them for yourself? Are you playing with me? I don't understand why this is happening. You don't want to leave your boyfriend for someone else, even though you want someone else. One of them, right?"

„It's not that."

„Save it. I'll see you later, I guess", Clay said harsh, turned around and left while Tony watched him walk away.

At sports they ignored each other. Clay was still mad and Tony didn't know what to say after what happened before school. At the end of the game they both sat on a bench.

„Can I explain it?", Tony asked, abashed.

„I don't think you can, but try", Clay answered.

„It's just. I'm gonna need some more, Clay", he said and looked him in the eyes.

„What do you mean?"

„Let's go somewhere after school. I'll tell you everything", Tony promised and got up.

„I'll tell you everything you want."

After school Clay left the building just to see Tony lean on his car, waiting for him. They drove to the place where Tony and his brothers used to play and ended up sitting in the car, talking.

„Clay, those guys who were using you, they.. we had a fight. And they saw that we've spent time together so they tried to get close to you and you were right, I got jealous. But I got jealous because..", he took a deep breath and looked at him.

„Because I didn't want them to get too close to you. Me and my ex boyfriend broke up because we both found someone else. And that's what we wanted to tell you at Monet's. The day you saw us at Monet's was the day we talked it out. And after everything you said, after how you reacted.. I knew you liked me too."

Clay couldn't believe what he just heard.

„You knew?", he asked.

„Yeah. I've seen you staring at me whenever you thought I wouldn't pay attention", he said and smiled.

Clay blushed and looked down.

„What are you afraid of?", Tony asked and placed his hand on Clay's arm.

The butterflies came back.

„Nothing", Clay mumbled. „I just wondered why I felt like this, why I got mad and why I was hurt until now. I guess I figured it out", he said.