Starbucks AU

Starbucks AU

Prompt: James works as a barista and has an eyes for a certain girl who comes often.

— post workout

James' shift starts during lunch so it was a bit busy for Starbucks. His friend, Dj was handling the cashier and another girl which he doesn't remember her name since he really doesn't bother at his other co-workers.

Dj places a cup of grande at the counter. "Unsweetened Green Tea" says Dj and suddenly his eyes diverted to the counter. It was her. She was wearing an oversized tee and her hair was fixed in a ponytail, carrying a gym bag. She obviously just went from workout. He prepares her order and suddenly thought of writing a smiley beside her name but suddenly adding a note that says 'have a good day'

He calls Nadine and she stood up from her place to get her order. Nadine sweetly smiled at him and said thank you. That simple gesture made James smile already. James still didn't get his eyes off her so he spots her smiling at the note of the cup he wrote.

— rainy day

James loves the rain even if he still feels lazy, he did work on that day.
His shift was about to end but it was a great timing for Nadine to enter Starbucks in casual clothes, carrying a small sling bag, and a macbook tucked under her arm.
He hears that her order was a grande of vanilla latte and before Kath (he now knows her name since Dj has been crushing on her lately.) mentions Nadine's order, he tells her that he got the order and started preparing. He looked again if Nadine was waiting by the receiving area but he spots Nadine in a corner of the cafe, setting up her laptop

He scribbles the name Nadine on the cup and was thinking of what to write and remembers her smile the day he wrote a simple note.

'you have a cute smile. keep smiling!'

He calls Dj. James was too shy to simply hand over Nadine's order because of the note he wrote.

"Hey, Dj!" He calls.

"What?" He asks irritatingly.

"Call her." James says while handing over Nadine's cup of vanilla latte.

"Crushing on our regular customer, Nadine, huh." He whispers. "Nope, you do it!" He says after.

"I'll convince Kath to date you." James says.

"As if you can convince her, dude. You barely talk to the girl." Dj answers back.

"Come on! The drink will get cold."
James said still holding Nadine's cup of coffee.

Dj just grabs the cup of coffee and calls Nadine. He saw her smile again at the note he wrote.

"You better set me a date with Kath." Dj says while going back to the cashier.

James looked at Nadine again who was busy with her laptop, she was on her earphones, obviously listening to music. James smiled and went out to eat since he's on break.

— busy day

James' shift didn't start yet but he spots Nadine walking on her way inside Starbucks. James stood up from his seat and went on shift and told his co-worker that he'll take over.

Dj was still on the cashier and started teasing.

"Hey loverboy! Someone's here." Dj says teasingly so he gave him a hard hit on his shoulder and Dj whined before Nadine arrives at the cashier to order. James checked on Nadine and she looked frustrated, probably from work.

Her order was a simple Mocha Frappe and a cake. James prepares it and while doing so, he thought about what to write again.

He ended up writing a note to hopefully cheer her up.

'you look sad, please smile. you look prettier when you do. cheer up!'

... and she did smile on the note James wrote on her cup.

— late night

James was still getting used to a late night shift but he didn't bother complaining it to his boss since Dj and Kath has the same shift with him.

It was odd. James thought. Nadine suddenly went inside the cafe on casual pajamas. She was wearing a oversized sweater, pajama pants, and a pair of slippers. She probably lives on this building, he thinks...

And he was right! He overheard from Kath and Nadine's little time of chitchat while Kath was listing her order. He also overheard that she's getting a cup of coffee since she feels sleepy but still has to finish work and explains how she's really stressed about it.

Her order was a Grande Americano with an extra espresso shot. He thought of a perfect note.

'don't stress yourself with work! also, goodluck sleeping with your order :D'

He leaves the order to Kath to call her and he just hid by the counter, pretending to be busy but as Nadine exits, he sees her beautiful smile once again and he couldn't stop thinking how Nadine looks really cute tonight.

— a cup of coffee and a slice of cake on a one fine day

Nadine had ordered a slice of cake and a cup of her favorite coffee.
James couldn't think of what to write as a note.

"Just write something like hello or better ask her out." Kath suddenly says.

"I'll skip for today." James answered.

He picks up the tray and serves Nadine's order where she sat. There was a laptop on her table so he moves the table beside hers and laid the tray there.

Before James leaves, Nadine suddenly spoke.

"James, right?" She asks.

"Uh, yup."

"You can stop with the notes and can talk to me personally." She says and giggles.

A cutie.

"Hi, I'm Nadine." She cutely introduces.

"I'm James."

END —
It's been a while since I wrote here in Ficlets! I'm thinking of another one :D so please wait for it!