Chapter Eight

Dedicated to FuzzyTheCakeEater and LoveWriting66 who voted on my story, thank you so much! (♥_♥) you are beautiful people.

Unedited.

"You two are up early." Grady greeted Sophie and Fitz as he stepped into the kitchen. Fitz had gone home for a few hours until Sophie had woken from a night terror and foolishly asked him over.

Which he gladly did, they had been sketching out more details into the garden. "Morning." Sophie said. She was still in her soft brown pajama pants and green shirt. Fitz was dressed and fully ready for the day. With simple black pants, boots that seemed to be his work boots, and a sleeveless white tunic. Showing the lines in his arms where muscle had built. Sophie hadn't realized just how strong Fitz was until he showed up in a sleeveless tunic.

Fitz had somehow convinced her to let him help with the garden. Sophie was now trying not to get distracted by his long muscled arms as she and him drew out plans. His hair was carefully fixed and messed like always. "Morning." Fitz echoed Sophie, as Grady gave them a strange look, as he started making coffee that wafted with the smell of vanilla and a smell Sophie couldn't place. "What are you two doing?" He asked. "We're planing on making some arches for Calla's garden." Fitz replied not looking up from drawing out how the arches would look. Sophie was busy trying to figure out how she was going to put the stairs in the hill.

"Arches huh? So you're really going to do this?" He asked Sophie. "I need to call Dex. He could help us." Was Sophie's only answer. "Maybe Tam and Linh could help...I'm sure Biana would help with planting."

"Only physical strength." Was Sophie's answer as she scribbled out a quick side note of how the cobble stone walkway would reach the stairs. "Yeah I know." Fitz said pulling out his imparter. Sophie did the same with her own. Calling Dex.

It wasn't sun rise yet but the grey sky was enough light to see by. Fog drifted through the air and despite it being chilly Sophie had decided to wear a sleeveless tunic like Fitz. Though hers was a teal color with black edgings. As expected Dex didn't answer. Sophie called him again and again until he answered. Looking tired, his hair standing on end every which way, and the red side of his face showed he must of been sleeping on his side. "What?" He asked his voice husky and exhausted. "I need your help." Sophie said. Dex blink and rubbed his eyes looking more awake. "With what? What's wrong?" He asked. Sophie explained about making a garden for Calla, with only physical strength. After yawning and some complaining Dex reluctantly promised to be over as soon as he got up.

"Biana is already getting ready." Fitz said as he called Tam. Sophie figured both twins would be together waited. Tam answered with a very unkind word rubbing his eye he flipped his still perfect bangs put of his face. "You better have a good reason for hailing me, or so help me-"

"We do...well no we don't. But we have some news everyone needs to hear." Sophie said. Tam groaned "What time is it even?" Glancing off the screen he sighed. "Can you get Linh?" Sophie asked. Sitting up he rubbed his eyes yawning. "Yeah. Hold on." Tam set his imparter aside and Sophie heard a door open, a few muffled voices then both Tam and Linh appeared. Fitz told them about the garden and invited them over to hear the news. Sophie also told Linh about Mr. Forkle's scroll she had to give to her. The twins said they'd be over and hung up. "I guess that leaves me to make breakfast." Grady said as he set a cup of steaming hot coffee in front of Sophie and another in front of Fitz. Coffee beans, vanilla and Sophie still couldn't place the other heavenly scent before sipping her coffee.

"Do you mind?" She asked. She had never been a fan of coffee but this one tasted delicious. The bitterness seemed to wake her senses. "Not at all." Grady said, as he started moving around the kitchen. "So look, what I was saying Sophie, is if we put the arches at each entrance, we should put vines, so it comes down like a curtain to cover these spaces here." He said leaning over his sketch. Sophie nodded. "We could make each entrance different. We can each design an entrance."