don't you want to take me up in the clouds // part two

part two

d e s t r y // p o v

"Ash I have a sudden feeling that this is an awful idea," I've been pacing around the apartment for ages, still in a towel. It should be simple, I'm going to hang out with some friends, play some games, and have dinner. I wasn't even for sure if Matty would be there, he didn't mention anything earlier—though we didn't exactly have an extensive conversation.

"You're over reacting," Asher groaned, "George is doing you a massive favor—especially for being the girl that broke into their dressing room."

"Okay we both know I didn't break in, Asher," I huff, finally starting to get my hair situated. Face, check. Hair, check. Clothes? I hold my towel tighter on my small frame. Blank. "The door was unlocked and no one pressed chargers," I yell out when I walk back to my room, throwing on something nice and casual—it was a game night after all.

"You'll be fine, call me if anything happens and I'll leave the club, alright?" Asher goes into parental role, leaning on my doorway. " You look good, now go so you won't be late."

I know he's right, I was overreacting and its just going to ruin what fun this could be. No one there was going to be judgey, and this certainly wasn't an interview, I needed to have a good time. Despite this entire realization, I still shake slightly as I walk to the boys building. Did George fully realize that I lived next store or did that fly over his head as well? I'm pacing around the elevator now, as it slowly makes it up to the floor marked with a star. Would Jamie be super business like or would he treat this as a friend affair? Both answers made me nervous. What if I'm not interesting enough, or can't keep up with the conversation? What if Matty though I was strange? I think that horse is already shot. I scrunch my nose at my thoughts; I really was in full freak out mode. I wait outside the door, taking a deep breath and texting George before even knocking. I cringe at my timid knock; they probably didn't even hear it. I'm about to knock for a second time when the door is swung open, a cheerful George. It's like a switch turns in me, my nerves melting away at this friendly face—finally getting a handle on the situation and myself.

"Did you have trouble finding it?" He steps to the side to let me in.

"Not particularly, did you know I'm in the building next door?" I graciously slide into the flat, taking a look around and controlling my amazed reaction. For just moving in, they literally had all their furniture set up. It was nice, an artsy mysterious aura—surely from Matty's mind—partnered with a welcoming vibe—which I'll guess was George.

"No, that's crazy," there's something in his voice that causes me to furrow my brows, but I brush it off—not wanting to make a scene.

There was a loud crash, followed by yelling, "Well now you've done it!"

I have to hold a hand over my mouth to stifle my laugh as George looks at me with panicking eyes, "We're still working on the dinner part, its fine I promise. Can I get you something to drink?"

I nod and smile at his nervous sweetness, still wanting to see what the cause of the noise was. I follow him across the living area and around the corner that seems to be the kitchen.

"You could've caught it," one voice argues.

"In what world could I have caught that?" another voice—thick with sarcasm—retorts.

I can't help my grin when I turn to see Hann and Ross arguing about an upside down bowl on the floor—everything that was in it splattered about. "What the hell?" It sounds more like a giggle than a phrase.