he is alone

Alone. Johnny was alone. He sat under the tree in the old lot, tears staining his cheeks. He would wipe one off just as another came rushing down. He was in love with Dallas Winston, but he knew he wasn't good enough for him.

The way Dal had his necklace draped around his neck, the way his cigarette drooped slightly out of his mouth, how is hair flopped in front of his eyes. It was all too good for Johnny. Johnny was worth nothing, he thought.

He sat there, thinking of all the times Dallas told him he was worth it.

"Johnnycake, you're everything to me.

                 You're my soft teddy bear.

       What are ya doin over there? Come hug me, kid."

The warmth of his arms wrapped around Johnny's small body. His bare chest against Johnny's ear.

All he can hear over and over is a heartbeat pounding in his head and his vision began to blur with tears again. His ears rang and his head throbbed. He laid his head down on a random cushion in the lot. He felt like he was floating. Sweat beads began forming on his head. Something wasn't right, and he knew it. But his body was too weak and every muscle ached. All he could see was hallucinations of icy blue eyes and white-blond hair. The beautiful boy's slight smirk flashing in front of his eyes, before everything went black.