he is glass

The body sitting next to him rustled as it laid down behind him, getting close. He felt a set of lips press themselves on his neck, and Johnny let out a content sigh. A pounding hammer slammed in his brain, and he felt himself drift like a leaf into a deep sleep.

Within the depths of his mind, he saw as two boys held hands in the distance. Without a care of society's expectations, the tall boy kissed the other boy's forehead lightly. The smaller boy straightened out his jean jacket and inched to his tiptoes to plant a small kiss on the icy-haired tall boy's nose, giggling as the blue eyed boy blushed pinkly.

A lighter came into view, along with a cigarette. A puff of smoke disintegrated the scene in seconds, replaced with slamming doors, a man and woman screaming at one another, a drunken scruffy man about 30 years old breaking a glass bottle over the woman's head. She fell to the ground as the shattered glass decorated the ground beside her. A small, shivering, boy watched with glazed eyes from the doorway. The little boy gasped, covering his mouth quickly to muffle the sound. The smell of beer lingered as the man reeled around, laying his eyes on the small jean jacket clad boy. His eyes flashed with a slight glimpse of remorse, but were swept over with a bang of fury. The intoxication overwhelmed the man, and he began stumbling to the boy. He swung his fist into the fragile being and broke him like a glass bottle into darkness.

The present boy awoke, drenched in sweat.