Chapter 21

I was brought down to a dark gloomy basement, that looked more like a dirty prison cell, and was pushed inside before the door was slammed shut and locked. The dark room only had a dirty yellowing mattress and no windows. I took a seat furthest from the door and cried into my knees already feeling my bottom numb beneath me.

My chest was shaking with each sob that escaped me. Terror striking my heart and gripping tightly before yanking it out my chest. I might as well not have a heart after having mine broken by my first love, but all thoughts of him seemed to be at the back of my mind. I had better things to worry about.

Minutes turned to hours and someone has yet to come back down here. I tried opening the door multiple times but it was locked and only the rusty key could open it. I kept expecting someone to walk out of the dark shadows in the corners and take my life away but luckily I survived through the gloomy night. My eyes did not shut for one once of sleep as I stared across from me at the dark room. I was not only trapped in an abandoned house and held at hostage but I was also bounded to the darkest corners of my mind.

Those corners were always there, always taking a peck into the real world in my little tantrums. It's as if a small flame is at the back of my mind and only when someone truly wronged me did it lash out. Cling to the first person who let it be free. Which was probably the reason I would not be able to truly forgive Lawrence nor did I forgive my brother for marrying himself off with a random girl nor will I ever forgive Mavis for staying and taking care of me rather than herself and her own children. I held grudges without realizing it because I never let them out I kept them so deep within myself that just a small once of light could get them back out and lashing at the first person they see.

I suddenly hear the lock of the door being fidgeted with. The sound of the keys clattering suddenly knocking me out of my thoughts and my, still, trembling form shakes even more violently as I waited for the horrible excuse of a man to come back in. Once the creaky wooden door was finally opened, he simply placed a tray of food that clattered lightly making some food spill as he pushed it closer towards me, still being outside of the dark room.

"Eat up. Need to look healthy for when they come here." My eyes shoot up in fright and confusion and my heart struck itself with a terror that only could be caused by raw fright, I have never been this terrified in my life. My sky blue eyes connect with Tom's dark brown ones that seem to be piercing in my skin like a needle. His smirk only frightening me more as it creepily takes over his slightly aging face before he closes the door making him disappear but sadly the thoughts are still there and I am still here.

Who are they and why does it have anything to do with me? Will I ever go back home?

I have to go back home I am certain Mother has sent out a whole team of people to look for me. But Lawrence was probably somewhere with another girl completely ignoring my dilemma, the thought only making me huff but I am unable to hold back the tears as they slide down my face.

I am almost certain my tears could make a pool; they never stop flowing. Much like a waterfall. Much like a lone river. Much like all the water that all of humankind consumed. It's endless. Like the Big Bang theory where the world goes on endlessly at the spend of light only from a small point, an atom per say. And my atom is the pin point of my problems, and right now it seems to be everything. At the speed of light the water keeps gushing, making agonizing pain strike through my chest. If anyone ever says they would rather suffer through emotional pain rather than physical pain then they have never felt the pang in their heart seeing their loved one kiss someone else. Then they have never been so emotionally distressed that everything, even the smallest of things, seems to just press against them making them feel even more pain. They were never truly hurt.

I wipe my cheeks trying to wipe off the dampness before making my way to the tray he left by shimmying on the floor towards it. I see a horribly made porridge, that was obviously made without care, and a dull looking apple. I have never known apples could look dull until today. Everything seems dull today and probably for the next few days too.

I opt for the apple considering I have not eaten anything for a whole day. Suddenly feeling the urge to pee I toss the apple core on the tray after having eaten it and stand up, slightly flinching at the pain that runs through my arm by his rough hand clutching my upper arm without care about the damage being caused.

I knock on the door loudly a few times before the sounds of heavy feet patter closer to the door. I listen to the twisting of the lock until it was finally open and the person in front of me making my mouth fall open in shock.

He smirks bringing his hand under my chin gently shutting it. "What? I already got you speechless." He chuckles, amused.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed that. Who do you think was that guy? Oh and by the way no it is not our lovely Lawrence. I wish everyone with finals does amazing in them. Currently I'm slaving over books and trying my best to do great. I really need to pass.

Oh and if you enjoyed don't forget to vote.