jason

I grew up destined to take over the Blossom Maple Syrup empire. My life was planned out long before me and Cheryl were even born. I wouldn't have survived this long if it weren't for Cheryl and the neighbors residing in Hawthorne Manor. Cheryl and Tommy were meant to be together from the start. Their mothers had planned their wedding by the time they were dating when Cheryl was fourteen and Tommy was fifteen. Up until they got together, I never saw myself dating Emilee. I mean, we were all raised together as a four so why complicate things?
Then one day, everything I thought I felt about her changed. It was my last freshman football game and Em was in the stands with a huge sign reading "GO BLOSSOM BOMSHELL!!!" - cringey, I know but she and Cheryl were holding up each end on the very front row with the proudest faces imaginable. There weren't any spaces for ninth graders on the cheer squad so they didn't get in until sophomore year. Still, it was the next best thing.
For the first time in my whole life, I didn't want to play football. The adrenaline kick that I'd usually get from playing was nonexistent, because it came from her. It came from the pretty girl with startling green eyes and freckles dusted across her face. It came from the girl whose hair had become frizzy in the light rain.

It came from her.

She, Tommy and Cheryl were the only ones capable of understanding the way I felt about our lifestyle. I wanted to run away as a four - get part-time jobs and eat in diners across the country, a new destination to see every day. It didn't matter how hard it got or how penniless we became; as long as we had eachother, we'd be okay.

I wanted to be the one to call her beautiful rather than hot - I wanted to grab her hand at random times and I wanted to kiss her whenever I wanted. I decided right then and there, after all those years to tell her how I felt about her.