Chapter One

Shane. My best friend. There are so many different ways to describe him.

Cute.

Funny.

Adorable.

Reliable.

And many more.

I can't imagine a world without my best friend. He has been there through thick and thin. He's my diary. Vice versa. As a matter of fact, I have to get dressed and go to his house, there is a big party tonight, and I can't wait to go.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••●●●•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••●●●••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Shanequisha!" I yelled, walking into Shane's parents' house, I was told that I was part of the family, therefore I can walk in their house whenever I want. I have known Shane since forever, and it's hard to imagine a life without him.

"Rachel. Do I call you Rachisha anymore? No."  Shane said,  walking into his room and sitting on his bed.

"Oh, didn't know it was your time of the month again. Sorry." I replied, stifling a laugh, "Anyways don't forget, we're going to see 'Divergent' tomorrow and then bowling with Dan and Lisa."

I told Shane that he had to go see 'Divergent' with me tomorrow, and I'll go bowling with him, Dan, and Lisa tomorrow AFTER the movie. You see, I read all 3 books and let me just say; Four and Tris make a PERFECT couple!! I fangirl everytime I see the commercial on TV because I am actually a huge book nerd and if there is a movie based on a book I am determined to read the book and watch the movie no matter what!

"Yeah, yeah. I know, can't wait." Shane said, scrolling through his iPhone 5c. I walked over to his dresser, and saw the Divergent book sitting tyere with a bookmark on page 355, I picked it up.

"Huh. Shane, have you read any good books lately?" I asked, he glanced up from his phone then turned his attention back to his phone when he realized what I was holding.

"Rachel, that's not mine. It's Grace's." He said, Grace is Shane's sister who does NOT like reading at all.

"Shane. Grace doesn't like to read for fun. Remember?" I said, laughing mischievously. I took out my new phone, the iPhone 5c, and took a picture of the book.

"I'm instagramming this!" I yelled, and ran out of his room and down the stairs. I heard his shuffling footsteps behind me and I picked up the pace. Track and Field certainly pays off. But, unfortunately for me, so does football. I thought I was in the lead, but he soon caught up and tackled me.

"Ahh. Shane no, stop please! My phone will break!" I yelled, laughing because he was tickling my sides. We were like 3 inches away from kissing which made my breathing worse, it adds onto the fact that I am out of breath from being tickled. He finally stopped so I can catch my breath, but having him so close to me was NOT helping the situation at all. He leaned in, and I did too. But we realized what was happening and quickly backed away.

Five awkward minutes pass by.

"Shane, now look at my outfit. Now I have to go back to my house and change!" I complained,

"Rachel, you live four houses down and I'm still surprised you don't walk here, you drive. Lazy ass." He joked, shoving my shoulder. I shoved him back,

"Shane, gym is definitely enough exercise for me. Don't make me do any extra work than I already have to three times a week!  I'm going to go home now and change, I'll be back. And, I'm walking." I said, jogging out of his backyard.

I walked into my house, and ran up to my room. I got my pants all dirty and I was too lazy to bring my fifty pairs of jeans to the laundry room earlier so I'm stuck wearing a dress, because skirts are not my thing or style. 

I throw on a blue dress, and fix my hair and makeup. I look at my phone, and realize that it's already six thirty, I got distracted when my favorite song came on, 'Classic' by MKTO. I was supposed to be at Shane's house an hour ago to help set up. I got distracted when Vine updated and I was watching vines and lost track of time! I step out of my room, and into the hallway. I could already hear the music at Shane's, and our neighbors really don't give two shits if our music is loud, they're all half deaf now anyways.

I stepped outside of my house, and I immediately regretted not wearing a sweater.  I continued walking towards Shane's house, and didn't see too many cars and figured I wasn't late. When I walk into Shane's house, I see him talking to Sara, she's so ratchet. No joke. Shane is an idiot, I take out my phone and text him.

Shane, what in the hell are you doing? -Rachel

It took him a few seconds to realize that he got a text, and saw his eyes move back and forth over his screen. When he finished reading it, he looked around the room and his eyes landed on me, and he rolled them, and looked back at his screen.

Rachel, don't worry , it's nothing. -Shane

I read the text,  and laughed silently. "Asshole" I thought, and pressed the reply button.

Shane, your a flipping liar, why are you talking to Sara Marshall, the school's bitch. -Rachel

Again, it took him forever to reply. I waited, like, ten minutes before I got his reply.

Um, she isn't THAT bad! -Shane

Yeah okay. I know when Shane is lying because he legit messes  with his hair.

Fine, be an ass. -Rachel

Since Shane is annoying, I think I'll be annoying too. I crept up his stairs, and walked into his room. He has clothes all over the place, but I don't care. I walked over to his bed and sat down. I was looking through his bookshelf, when the door opened. Shane walked in, and I threw the book I was holding across the room.

"What was THAT?" Shane asked, surprised.

"You were talking to the ratchetist person ever. You know what she's like." I said, rolling my eyes. The real problem is I'm really jealous. Shane's mine, not hers. Oh my gosh, what am I saying?

"Rachel, you got it all wrong."  He said, obviously annoyed, "I was just asking her a question about her boyfriend, Jake from the basketball team. Are you....jealous?"

Really, jealous?  Is it THAT obvious? Damn it.

"Shane, I'm just watching out for you. It's not good for you at the time. You have final exams, a big game next week, and you need to worry about college applications. Shane, you need to concentrate. Please." I replied, picking at my finger nails.

"Don't you think I know this, but I was just looking for Jake to ask him a question. Just please, don't worry about me. You have troubles too, just mind your business from now on." He replied, and stormed out of his room. Just like that, he was gone. I really didn't do anything wrong if you think about it. What am I gonna do now?

I walked out of his room, and down the stairs. If Shane is mad, I need to find him and talk to him before he does something stupid. Again.