Chapter 8

6 years later
*Krista's POV*
      "REALLY HANK? Do I need to do everything myself?" I yelled trying to bend down to clean up his mess, he calls 'his love for me.'
"I'm sorry, it's a crazy life." He said zipping up his suitcase.
"I know that married life is difficult-we need to go our plane leaves in 3 hours. My dad is picking us up and taking us to the BAU, then to your dads house."
"Ok, when we land, I've got my job interview."
"I already got the job."
"Where was it again? I don't remember." I got a text on my phone and they want me to call to briefly meet the team.
"Hold on they just texted me, they want to know if I can video call them and briefly meet them. Hank what should I say?"
"Well that would be helpful, you can go in already somewhat knowing who they are."
"Right."
"Are we going to be one of those field couples?"
"I don't know." I grabbed my carry on and went for my suitcase, but Hank got to it before me.
"What do you think you're doing?"
"I'm not letting my wife carry her suitcase."
"You know what, what would I do without you." We went out of the house and my dad pulled up to take us to the airport. "Hey dad!"
"Hi." He said.
"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean, it's not like my daughter is moving to LA and is married or anything."
"Oh dad, you know that I'm always a phone call away." He nodded and the rest of the car ride was silent.
     As soon as we walked into the bullpen, I saw my family, and once they saw me too they all came to give Hank and I a hug. In the corner of my eye I saw Will, Michael, and Henry. I walk up to them and Will gives me a picture of the Jareau family, Lucas and I. The picture is when we went to the same carnival my parents and their team went to, we were all making a silly face and all had food in our hands. "Thank you so much, I love you guys so much!"
"No problem, I just figured since you're leaving we'd give you something to remind you that you'd always be apart of our family." Will said with tears in his eyes.
"Oh Uncle Will!" I gave him another hug and turned to Henry, he had tears in his eyes. Ever since we were little he was my best friend. I said my goodbyes to him and Micheal, then went to everyone else staring at me with presents in their hands. Penelope came up to me crying, I hugged her and she wouldn't let goo. "My sweet Krista boo, you need to call me every week or I will hack into that computer of yours and write it across your screen!" She managed through the tears.
"I always knew I shouldn't piss you off! I will call you, I will video chat you, I will miss you....a lot!" I said.
"Ok, what am I going to do, you were like my gossip buddy!"
"Emily's daughter." She shook her head in agreement, and I went over to Emily. She didn't have much to say, but she did say that she put a good word in for me. Tara just left the BAU, Luke was killed in a car crash a few years ago(Me just wishing...even though I know who died in that stupid crash! Grrrrrrr), so clearly I wouldn't be saying goodbye to them. Next was my grandpa, "I don't what I'm going to do without you, grandpa you're the one that pushed me to go after my dreams, you're the one that would give the principle crazy reasons why I should skip math class to come hang out with you." He laughed and I had a tear roll down my cheek.
"You know, she would tell me 'I know that you're famous, I know that you're in the FBI, but you can't come in here and try to take your granddaughter out of school to go get ice cream or something'. I showed her a picture of what your dad put up in my house that one time, he had a white board with math and literature all over it, there were papers all around him, you were half asleep while he was trying to explain everything up there. After that she wouldn't bother me, she knew that you'd easily pass the class." He said like it was was one of his old war stories.
"Is that what she was talking about at graduation?"
"I kinda told her to bring it up."
"What?"
"I helped your principal write her speech for graduation, she didn't have many positive things to say to your class."
"Wouldn't surprise me, they were annoying people."
"Yup! Ok so now I'll let you go finish saying goodbye to everyone."
"I love you grandpa."
"I love you too princess."
"I'm telling you this now, you aren't allowed to die till I'm in town."
"Eeeh, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."
"You better not!" I smiled and hugged him again, before going to the new guy that came in awhile ago Stephen Walker. Since Lucas was in the orchestra, Walker would mentor him. Lucas hasn't left 1st chair since they started the lessons. He gave me a hug and gave me 7 tickets to the California Symphony Orchestra. "Wait, why 7? There's only the two of us."
"That job of yours, I knew you'll get that job. I know that team professionally, and they're great people." He said.
"Well thank you." By this time it was time to go to Morgans house. Once again my dad drove us, and he hasn't said much at all.
We walk inside and I see them standing in front of the living room wall, looking at all the pictures from when Hank was a baby till now. "Hey, we came to by before we-" Hank was cut off, when Morgan and Savannah hugged us.
"Son, you take care of her, you be good to her, you be there for her when she has a tough day, you need to be her husband not boyfriend." Morgan said with tears rolling down his cheeks.
"I will. Pops, do you think SWAT will take me?"
"Son, you already have the training, you have the requirements, and look at you you're almost as built as me." I laugh and realized that Savannah and I are still hugging, I didn't dare let go. I start talking to Savannah a little till I heard that my team works closely with SWAT. The team Hank is trying to get into, is the team my team works most with. "Morgan, you better not be lying." I said, truly shocked.
"Nope, you guys might be working together."
"I'll ask soon."
"You got the job?" He asked excitedly.
"Yes, why?"
"Emily, Stephen, and your dad have put in good words." I look at my dad and smile.
"We better be going, I don't think we want to miss our flight."
"Ok, we love you guys." He said kissing my cheek, then hugging Hank.
"I love you guys too!" We left and the car ride to the airport was also very quiet.
As soon as we got to the airport it was time to say goodbye to my dad. We get everything out of the car and I turn to my dad with tears in my eyes, as I walked closer to him to hug him he also had tears. "Dad, I want you to call me whenever you want. If I don't answer, I'm probably following a lead in a case." I said and he chuckled.
"Your mother would've been very proud of you. So I found out that she gave stuff to Emily to give you, there was the diary, then she also had something for the day you move." He said.
"And that is?"
"Actually Emily's going to bring it to you soon, she wanted to give it to you personally. I offered but she wouldn't put it down."
"Well, we gotta go. Dad, I love you, I'm going to miss you. I'll try my best to come and visit, but not every month, it might be every few months."
"I'll be visiting for sure, love you too." He hugged me and kissed the top of my head, then gave Hank a hug.
     Once we went through security and stuff like that, we decided to grab coffee. Since my grandpa got a private jet to take us there and we can board whenever, we sat down at a table. "How are you doing?" He asked reaching for my hand.
"Well, it's kinda weird, like the fact that we're married and we're moving to LA."
"I think it's wonderful."
"It is but, we're moving away from our family. I never thought I would do that."
"I didn't ether, but Krista you're probably going to be the only profiler."
"I don't know, I bet they all have some experience."
"Some, not as much as you, at the wedding you even profiled me. No one else could create a better one!"
"Anyways, we should go to the plane."
"Right." We got up and walked hand and hand to our plane. Once we walked up to the planes stairs, I realized, I'm moving to LA with my husband, to be in NCIS.