Chapter 21

"I'm just saying that sitting this one out might be a good idea," Savannah said trying to convince me to stay home with her and Derek.
"Savannah, I love you but I'll be fine. My dad is there, we all know that he's not going to let anything happen to me," I say.
"How far along are you by the way?"
"Technology a month, but in reality it's two months. I've only been showing signs and symptoms of pregnancy for a month but the baby started growing two months ago." She shook her head at me.
"You are your fathers daughter."
"I'm going to work, don't hesitate to call, love you." I walk out of the house before Savannah could protest.
I walk into the NCIS building and I'm greeted by picture and files spread across my desk, I gasp.
"Krista? What's wrong?" Kensi asked walking over to me.
"What's that?" I point to my desk.
"FBI took over your desk," she laughed.
"That's not right, my dad knows how I get about messes." Right on queue my dad walked in, looked at the desk, looked up at me and cursed.
"That's your desk isn't it?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Am I missing something?" Kensi asked.
"Krista is very OCD about her desk, in 1st grade she had the cleanest desk in the school," JJ said coming over.
"Oh yes, I tried picking her up from school one day and she refused to leave until she was done cleaning out her desk," grandpa said from beside JJ.
"Ok can we not discuss this anymore?" I sighed," have we found anything else in the case?"
"Well from the other victims, they were all gamblers, they must've owed someone money," Emily said.
"It could explain why he'd go to the bar late at night."
"Also explain why he had two hundred dollars in his pocket," Callan said coming in the room.
"Two hundred dollars? Why would he need two hundred dollars?" Sam asked.
"If someone wanted their money back, it surely wasn't just two hundred dollars."
"But the bank records say otherwise, normal amounts of money withdrawn every so often and normal amounts depositing into the account," I say.
"Than why would he have two hundred dollars?"
"He's a guy, they forget about the money in their pockets!" I laugh," I get at least a hundred dollars from Hanks pants from laundry day, it's great!"
"We need something, right now it looks like he was killed for no specific reason," Callan said dropping the file on his desk. No one said anything. The longer I stood there, the more I felt like falling over, the more I realized I need food and water. I look to Sam and he pulled a water bottle out from his drawer and threw it at me. I caught it and started chugging. I stared at the bottle for a moment before looking up and a theory formed in my head.
"What if he didn't gamble? What if he was in on it and wanted out?" I ask quickly.
"Explains the paranoia," Matt said.
"Most importantly, why he was killed," Hettie said from behind Deeks, scaring him, "may I speak with you agent Morgan?" I nod and follow her over to her office.
"I got a call from a Savannah Morgan," I hugh," she wants to make sure you're alright and that you aren't doing anything to crazy."
"Sounds like her, what did you tell her?"
"Not to worry, and we'll meet her for lunch."
"Sounds good, I guess."
"That's all," I nod to her before leaving to go back to my desk.
"Why were you in the principal's office?" Grandpa asked jokingly.
"Savannah called," I say.
"Morgan going stir crazy yet?"
"No, she wants to make sure I'm ok, it was hard trying to get out of the house today," my team looks at me strange.
"Why would she be worried about you?" Eric asked from the top of the stairs.
"Knowing Savannah she wanted to make sure her grandchild was not in the field," my dad said ignoring my glares.
"Grandchild? Krista are you pregnant?" Callan asked surprised.
"I was going to wait and tell everyone after the first trimester, but I guess I can't keep secrets very well." They all slowly start coming over to me and congratulating me, well all except my family and Sam.
"What up with that smirk Sam?" Callan called.
"Oh nothing, it's just strange that you thought it was normal for me to keep a case of water by my desk and Krista's sudden disappearances throughout the morning," he says.
"You knew?"
"He knew before Hank," I comment.
"I feel betrayed! I'm hurt! But it's fine, I can now see who's your favorite in this family. It's fine, I understand," Deeks said dramatically.
"Calm down there Deeks," Kensi said patting his shoulder, "it's fine, since we all have a favorite person."
"It's me isn't it?" He smiles widely.
"Sure, let's go with that!" She said rolling her eyes, and walking away to go do something.
"But, baby!" He started walking in her direction.
"Deeks come on!" She yells behind her.
"Yes ma'am!" Deeks than sprints over to Kensi.
"Strange," JJ stated, looking at me with wide eyes.
"Yup, this is everyday."