CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

“Is Monetary Economics ever going to be fun with Mrs.Dahl teaching it” I said letting a lazy yawn escape my mouth.

“I guess that is only possible when your Mom wouldn’t call you ‘sweetie’, sweetie” Karl said batting his not-at-all-gorgeous eyelashes just like my Mom does, when she calls my Dad a ‘sweetie’, mark it ‘my Dad’.

“Come on it isn’t really funny ‘Cinnamon’” I said, trying to take revenge.

“That isn’t funny either” he said trying his best to not sulk.

“Nor do I like being called that. God knows how I dared to survive those worst three months of my life with that girl” he said letting the frown conquer on his face.

“It’s alright-”  but before I could finish, “May be someone needs a break from learning Monetary economics?” said Mrs.Dahl with a stern look mixed with her dislike towards the both us, which made her look more like the witch, as claimed by Jude.

We both turned our heads to look at her who was standing right in front of us. It was one those rare situations which made us lost in our conversation so much (only because what being taught was really B-O-R-I-N-G) that we didn’t notice her sound amplifying as she walked towards us.

“So does that mean you are throwing us out of the class?” Karl asked trying his level best to hide his joy, by suppressing the wide smile that was trying make its way onto his lips.

I was never able to talk to her that way, because somewhere I didn’t want to get into her bad books as she was my Dad’s friend’s wife, and doing so would cause the topic of discussion during the frequent dinners,  that my parents go out with her and her husband, be how their son was turning into a complete hopeless man, who would have only have fishing as the only unsurpassed profession left for him to pursue.

“Yes that precisely what I mean Karl. Please get out of my class, both of you. Finish your jibber-jabber and attend the next lecture” she said pointing the way towards the door.

“Sure Ma’am” I said instantly before Karl could let any of his super witty one liners slip out of his mouth with his signature smirk gracing his face (which he claimed made girls go weak in the knees)and make the whole class hoot for us and leave a very fuming Mrs.Dahl.

We exited the classroom and decided to sit in the cafeteria. “I guess I will go to the library first, because I need a book on International Trade so that I get to complete the assignment on it, as soon as possible.” I said heading towards the library.

“Fine meet me at the cafeteria. I have messaged Jude he will be joining us there” Karl said.

I went to the library and while searching for the book I saw Myra in the corridor. For a fraction of second I debated over whether I should call out to her or not, but then impulsively I did. “Hii!” I said I bit louder than usual, letting the fact, that it was a damn library (the only place where people listen to you without having you amplify your voice even by a single decibel), slip out of my mind.

She turned around and looked at me and took few seconds (may be to actually register who I was), before smiling and walking in my direction.
“Eirik right?” she asked, putting her hand forward for shaking. “Yeah” I said shaking her hand.

“So did Nadine leave for New York?” I asked, although I knew she did. This happens to me a lot of time; I ask question to which I already know what the answers are.

“Yes, she did.” She said pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, which made me notice that she too was very pretty. She had worn a floral skater dress perfectly hugging all her curves. Unlike the previous night, she had her hair was tied up in a voluminous ponytail, which totally made her look attractive. And the best part was she didn’t wear any makeup, just wore a soft colored eye shadow.

“So don’t you have a lecture right now?” she asked, stopping me from analyzing her appearance any further, unknowingly (to which I was very grateful).