Revelations (2)

Scene 3

*TejVi room*

Jahnvi was sitting in the balcony watching the stars. She was really not able to let go her thoughts. Busy in her thoughts she didn't notice that her hand got cut because of the sharp edge at the table. Tej who just entered inside, saw her and pulled her out of her reverie.

He put the food plate aside and aided her wounds without a word. She in the beginning was wiggling but he held her hand more tightly yet more firmly.

She was not able to understand what was going in her own brain. She never left the pooja after she entered the Mansion as a daughter-in-law but was she ready for the pooja tomorrow?

She has given all her rights up the very same day when she left the house and now she was here JUST for her sweetheart. How will she behave tomorrow? She was brought back from the world of her thoughts when she felt herself having a morsel.

She jerked and stood immediately only to be pulled again. "What the hell are you doing Tej?" asked Jahnvi annoyed. "You didn't have your food downstairs, love. So, I'm feeding you" said Tej in calm and polite tone.

"Don't even think to resist otherwise I forcefully have to feed you" said he feeling her try to resist but her eyes moistened while she said "I know, you are really good at it. But don't worry; I've now understood that I always took your happiness. So till the time I'm here I'll not cross you. Then very soon I'll go far away from you. So far that even my shadow wont trouble you" said she without looking at him and eating the food silently.

His breath stopped for a second hearing her defeated voice. He was dying because of guilt. It was good that she was not looking at him otherwise she would have seen tears in his painful eyes... He was now more determined to get her back. He cried when he went to the washroom to cleanup.

When he came out he saw her trying to sleep uncomfortably on the couch so he walked up to her and picked in his arms. She was startled with his behavior. She tried to stop him but he paid no heed. The bed was actually a single bed as he had once cut it to throw her out. He slowly placed her in the bed and tucked her to sleep.

He sat on the floor beside the bed and started caressing her hair. She was uncomfortable for once but then went to a deep slumber feeling loved by her husband after years. He pecked her forehead deep and slept in the same position.