The Marriage

Sanyukta's p.o.v:

After the announcement in the engagement I wanted to talk to dad about that. I did not like the idea of joint venture. I felt that like my marriage was only a deal. Now, here I am in my room thinking about this matter. Everybody knew about this except me. I wanted to talk about this to randhir but he was off to Delhi. Whenever I tried to talk to dad about this he just diverts the topic or says that he is busy. Today I'm going to confront him come what may. I headed downstairs to find dad sitting on the sofa reading something on his mobile.

"Dad" I called him as I stood before him. "Hmm" he did not even look up. "I wanted to talk to you about something very important" I said. "We'll talk in the evening sanyukta" he said. "No, this time you cannot just avoid it" . "Okay. Tell" he said finally keeping the phone aside. "Why didn't you tell about me about the joint venture?" I asked him straight.

"Is that important to you?" he said. What was he speaking. He didn't think that it was important to tell me? "Of course it is important. I feel like my marriage is a deal" I said I felt bad that he didn't consider important. "We did not have a choice sanyukta. You were not ready to take over our company. So, we had to plan this." He said. But, I felt that was not the only reason. "is that the only reason?" I asked him. He looked away. "Yes it is the only reason" he said again looking at me. I felt he was hiding something from me. "And your marriage is not a deal" he said. I was still not convinced.

..................................

Two weeks passed away in a blink. Now, the D-day arrived, my wedding. Three months back I came here never thought in my wildest dreams also that I will find my life partner. I just woke up and was sitting on my bed thinking about my life back in Delhi and here in Mumbai. After sometime my mother came to my room with a big box in her hand, like how the sabyasachi brides get their lehengas in a huge box it was something like that. "Good morning baccha" she said. "Good morning mom" I said. She put the huge box in front of me. "Open it" dad said coming towards us with his hands at the back.

I opened the box to find the same maroon color lehenga, randhir and I selected at the store. It was sent from the groom's side. It's beautiful, I can't take my eyes off it. "Here is a small present" dad forwarded a jewellery box. I opened it to find a platinum set. I gasped looking at it. "Do you like it?" "Obviously mom. Thank you so much" I said and hugged both at once.
....,...........

After 3 hours:

Our house was looking very beautiful with all the decorations. It's simple but it's in the way I wanted. The wedding planners were called from Delhi as dad knew them really well. They've done a great job in such less time. I was dolled up in the lehenga and my hair was done into a messy low side bun with some nice waves. I did not put up a lot of jewellery. The lehenga was really heavy. I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe it was me. The hair dressers, makeup artists have done their best as per my dad's order. I looked exactly how I wanted to look in my wedding.

My trance was broken when my mother walked inside the room.
"Sanyu come on let's go down" she said. Suddenly I feel nervous. I take slow steps till the mandap. I find only few guests around us, mostly our close friends and relatives. Randhir and I requested for a wedding where we didn't wanted to involve the business people.

I walked near the mandap to find the most handsome bride groom ever. He forwarded his hand and I gladly accepted. Then, he helped me to sit down. The rituals were going on and soon we took the seven sacred vows around the holy fire. He tied the sacred black beads thread around my neck and filled my parting, marking me his. I closed my eyes trying to observe everything and store it in my memory forever. We took blessings of the elders present there.

After some teasing session from my cousins , Parth and vidushi we are all set to leave. I cannot find Randhir anywhere. Maybe, he's waiting for me outside. Everybody was bidding me a bye when I felt the sudden gush of memories I shared with my family and with this new house. It was new but held a lot of memories, my room. I will miss my room. I cried my heart out holding my mother and father. After sometime Malini aunty came and consoled me. I bade a bye to everyone and Randhir was still not seen. Malini aunty told me that he went out on some urgent work.

After a few minutes of drive , we reached the Bhatia mansion. I walked inside and I was welcomed ritually. I was taken to Randhir's room ,our room now. Malini aunty told me to take some rest. I walked till the bed and closed my eyes resting my head on the head board. I could smell Randhir's Cologne everywhere. It was divine for me. Randhir. This name has changed my life. It taught me how to love.

Yes love, I finally come to a conclusion on my feelings for him. Teh love that happened at the first sight. I never believed that love can happen at first sight , until I met Randhir. Today, i'm so happy as I share the surname of the person I love unconditionally. Trust me, it's the best feeling in the world. After sometime, I heard the door clicking open. I did not sleep yet. I was waiting for him.He came inside. I was sitting on his bed. I looked at him.

He came towards me and stood exactly in format of me. "Get up" he said with a calm voice but it was so intense that I was ...scared? I got up. "It's my bed and you have no right to sit on it. Sleep on the couch" he said. Did I heard him right? He took slow steps to the bed and tripped. I held him. I realised that he was drunk. He looked at my hand and pushed me aside.

"RSS doesn't need anyone's help" he slurred. RSS? But his name is Randhir Singh Bhatia? Right?

"RSS?" I asked with all the strength I had in myself at that time. The way he was talking to me hurt me.

"Yes. Randhir Singh Shekhawat" he said. "Shekhawat?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Ask your father he will tell you" he said and passed out.

I felt that my world stopped for a second. What was he talking? Shekhawat? It felt like my marriage was a lie. It felt like I was living in a bubble. Few hours back, I was so happy, it felt so good. Now, it feels like my all, dreams of a happy married life
Just crashed dwon to cinders. Tears were already flowing through my eyes.

I somehow consoled myself and went near the bed and covered him with the blanket and I took one pillow from the bed and adjusted myself on the couch. Sleep was far away from my eyes. The last conversation between us was just playing in my head and my sobs increased and slowly exhaustion took over me and I slept.

..................
Randhir Singh Shekhawat!!!! 😉

Please vote and comment 😁

MonaMandy and Saddahaqcontests