Chapter 6:Pathways

November 18th, 2011- 7 days after Zed had sent Hyza the letter. Lying on her bed, as usual, Hyza thought of closing her eyes and feeling the breeze touch her pink cheeks from her open window- daydreaming with the letter at her grasp-Still thinking about what happened 7 days ago where Zed’s split personalities where shown to her. She was thinking of which of those where his real self. Deciding to open it or not and also to end her confusions and curiosities, she ripped the opening part of the letter’s envelope and took out a scented, light crimson red paper. She took it on her hands and unfolded it. What Zed’s intention was seen clearly:

I have wrote this letter to prove that I am serious of what I’m gonna tell you. Remember the things I said that stated: “Hear me out”. Even if I don’t deserve to be heard out, please bear with me.  I have decided to meet with you again- This time, regarding a serious matter. This will be our final meeting place before I die. So, I would want you to sincerely come with me no mater what happens. On November 25th, a Sunday, I would want to meet you in the mountain of Shasta in the state of California. Climb up. There will be arrows I placed so you would know where to go. These arrows are gold in color so don’t follow arrows with any other color. After you have reached the end of the paths where the arrows are displayed, you will see an abandoned old house. There, you will see me. Our meeting time will be at 4:00 dawn so be sure to be early. Bring no one with you except for your sister- Elane. Remember these words if you want this meeting to be as peaceful as it could get.  After I’ll take word with you, Zed Hadrian will take his soul and vanish forever. You will never hear his name ever again- a lost human being. So, Hyza, please believe me this time. I want to meet you so badly so please hear me out.            

                                                                   Sincerely yours,

                                                                   Zed Hadrian

Her eyes awakened and out of her curiosity, she placed the letter on the desk beside her bed where she was lying. She stood straight and ran downstairs to let Elane see the letter.

                        Meanwhile, Elane was cooking Buffalo wings for lunch. Hyza was running towards her as if she couldn’t wait to tell the news.

                   “Yo sis! You have got to see this!” Said Hyza.

                     “What is it Hyz? What’s the hurry?”

                   “This letter, open it, open it!”

                   “What are you talking about? What letter? Maybe it’s private. I might be knowing information that I mustn’t.”

                   “But you’re part of it!”

                   “Part of what Hyz?”

                   “Ohh.. Just read it and you’ll know everything.”

                   “Ughh.. Okay. I’ll read but I have to wash my hands first. By the way, I made Buffalo wings for lunch. Is that okay?”

                   “Yeah. It’s alright. Wait, off the topic! Read it now!”

                   “Okay, Okay. I’ll read it now. I’ll go to my room to be alone.”

                   “Do it.”

                   And with that, Elane went in her room upstairs beside Hyza’s. there, she went beside her window to let the sunlight light up the room  so she could have a better view of what’s written inside. She read it.  The same reaction was met- eyes grew larger, poker face, and of course, the calling of one’s sister. She called Hyza to seek comfort.