Chapter 14: Dreams V.S. Nightmares

They were on their way to Columbanus. It was early dawn and as usual, the crew travelled by sky with Flareouz and War Aquila. Even if Agneous already passed away, Flareouz promised to him way back that he would protect Blaze until death eats him away as well. While everyone was asleep, Glacey woke up.

                   “What’s the matter?” asked Aquila.

                   “Nothing.” She replied

                   “I know… you’re thinking about Agneous aren’t you?”

                   “Well, yeah. Hey, Aquila, can I… talk to you for a while?”

                   “Of course. I would love a morning get up.” He smiled.”What do you want to talk about?”

                   “Well… uhmm… why… why do I cause a lot of trouble? Agneous died protecting me yet his last words were still for me. What’s with me that everyone gets hurt when I’m around them? Especially the ones I care about the most?”

                   “Dear, the reason for that is because he cares for you.”

                   “No! I’d rather die if I don’t have a purpose. What good did I do that people get close to me? Blaze, Agneous- they’re just examples! Who’s next? Who am I gonna hurt next? I’m such a bad friend!”

                   “Do you know what you have to do? You have to show to them that you care. Show to your friends that you are worth fighting for. Fight for them as well! Do whatever it takes to protect them so when the time comes that you need help, they’ll be there as well.”

                   “I have the first answer. I thank you for that. But, the second one is, why do they care so much about me? What have I done for them in return for them to care so much for me?”

                   “Love dear.”

                   “Love?”

                   “Yes. It’s a very mysterious feeling. I couldn’t even see through it. You never see it coming. It just comes in the time when you least expect it. But, never take it for granted. You are a very charming little girl. Do what you do best- making people smile.”

                   “Thanks a lot… Aquila! I owe you one!”

                   Just in time as their conversation ended, Elane woke up.

                   “Glacey, you’re early today!”

                   “Hey, Elane.”

                   “What’s with the face?”

                   “It’s nothing… but the way is Hyza up?”

                   “Nope. She’s tired. Let her rest for a bit more.”

                   “I see.”

                   As both of them were up, the clouds cleared and they saw the land of Columbanus with a huge mansion in the middle-visible from above.

                   “Is that it? Our destination?” asked Glacey.

                   “I think so. We should wake them already.”