Chapter One: Charcoal Skies White Moon and the Pale Ones

Chapter One: Charcoal Skies, White Moon and the Pale Ones

Darkness surrounded her as she lied in a pool of her own blood. She was cold, numb and unable to move. Something has happened to an innocent soul, someone who wanted nothing more than to protect those who were most precious to her.

"What's...what's going on...? I can't move, and I feel so cold..."

A hand shook her lifeless body, trying to make the life return to her.

"Azusa...Azusa...please wake up! Please, don't leave me alone like mother and father did! Please!!"

"That voice? Whose voice is that? I can't seem to...wait, where's Mio?! Where's my sister?!"

Tears started to fall from the lifeless eyes that Azusa Nightray. She looked back on the last hours she had in the living world. The last hours of her happy life with her older sister, the only family she had left.

Earlier that same day, it was like any other, Azusa and Mio Nightray made their way to school, not knowing that they were being stalked by a predator. The school day came and went in no time and Azusa made her way home while Mio was at study group.

Azusa was sitting at the kitchen, doing her homework when there was a knock on the door. Thinking that maybe Mio's study group got out early and she forgot the key to the apartment, Azusa went to the door to let her sister in. Only, it wasn't her sister, but the predator that had been stalking the Nightray sisters.

Rushing in and grabbing a hold of Azusa by her neck he dragged her back into the apartment where he raped her and slit her throat. After the attack Azusa was left naked and dying in a pool of her own blood only to be found be her older sister when she finally came home form study group.

"That's right...I was attacked and killed by a man. I-I won't be able to keep my promise to Mio. I'm sorry..."

Azusa's eyes then became hollow as the last bit of life that was in her body started to fade away. The screams of her sister asking her not to leave her echoed in her head, then she realized that Mio's cries weren't fading away. Azusa opened her eyes to find herself looking down at her own body and her sister crying over it. A long chain hung from her chest down to the floor.

"Looks like I'm really dead."

Seeing her sister crying over her corps sadden Azusa. There was no longer anything she could do to comfort her sister's heart.

When the authorities come to the Nightray apartment an ambulance took away Azusa's body while the police talked to Mio. Azusa's spirit looked along the crowed that had gathered when she saw the familiar face of the one who killed her. An evil smirk of satisfaction for his work was all over his face, and now, he was eyeing Mio while the police talked to her. Without Azusa knowing, little by little, the chain hanging from her chest started to slowly corrode away.

A couple of days later was Azusa's funeral. Friends from school and other family members gathered to remember the life of an innocent girl and a good friend. As the months went by Azusa kept an eye on her sister and the one who killed her, causing her Chain of Fate to quicken its corrosion.

Azusa's killer was on the move again. Eyeing Mio as his next victim. By this time, Azusa's Chain of Fate was down to its last links. A sharp pain suddenly hit Azusa's chest as she heard the cries of her sister coming from the apartment. Rushing to her sister, Azusa came too little too late. The familiar sight of a body laying naked in a pool of blood from a slit to the throat.

Giving into the despair of seeing her sister suffer the same fate as she did a hole started to open up on Azusa's chest where the chain was attached, signifying she had lost her heart. A foxlike shaped mask started to form around Azusa's head and her body also started to change. A sudden insatiable hunger started to consume Azusa. She wanted the soul of the one who took her life and had just taken the life of her sister. Her mouth watered as her foxlike jaws closed down on the head of the evil man.

As Azusa finished eating the soul of the one she was most obsessed with she was about to be on her way when she heard the faint whisper of her name.

"Azusa?...Azusa...is that you?"

Her eyes widened with surprise that Mio had recognized her in such a form. Azusa quickly left the apartment and went to the world where her kind known as Hollows dwelled.

While in Huecdo Mundo, Azusa learned that she had done something that was unheard of. She had skipped the first level of the evolution of becoming an Arrancar, the Gillian level. She is now known as an Adjuchas. As she travailed through the endless sands of Huecdo Mundo, Azusa started to devour other Hollows to get to the next level of a Vasto Lorde, which she eventually does, from her having a more need to cannibalize even more Hollows.

Once again she was surrounded by darkness. Her goal of getting revenge was done, now she's trapped in the darkness of the place where the Hollows dwell. This darkness was now all she knew since the day she found herself back at Huecdo Mundo. No Soul Reaper had come to purify her soul after her revenge on the one who killed her and her sister. The darkness scared her. She stared up at the white moon in the black charcoal sky through the eye-holes in her fox mask.

"This is place is so dark and cold. What do I do now? There's nothing left for me to do."

She made her way through the sand until she came to the white Seki Seki walls of Las Noches where the Arrancars lived. Many times, she had thought about trying to sneak her way in the halls of Las Noches to see what lied on the other side of its walls, and for some reason she had made the decision to do just that.

Being successful in her infiltration of Las Noches, Azusa started to sniff around to see what she could find. Avoiding getting spotted by Arrancars, Espada, and Fracción, but what she couldn't avoid was the security that Espada Number Eight, Szayelaporro Granz had developed.

"Lord Aizen, it seems that we have an intruder." Szayelaporro Granz almost joyfully informed the Soul Reaper Leader Aizen took a look at the screen to see Azusa stalking through Las Noches' halls.

"How interesting. Apprehend her and remove the bottom part of her mask. We'll see if she'll be of any use to us."

While Azusa was still looking around the floor from underneath her suddenly gave way, sending her to a lower level of the building.. When the dust cleared Azusa found herself surrounded by Szayelaporro Granz's Fracción.

"What weak looking bastards. They think that they can take me down!"

One by one Azusa took out Szayelaporro Granz's Fracción until there was none left. Standing over the corpses of her victims Azusa suddenly felt queasy and light headed.

"What's happening to me?"

Through the haziness of her vision Azusa was able to make out the lower-half of a figure coming towards her.

"Yes, you will indeed make an interesting test subject."

Before Azusa could protest the darkness that scared her so much consumed her into a deep sleep.

"Bastard..."