T H R E E

"Hyung, don't scare me like that. It's not funny," Jungkook hissed, although in all honesty, he can feel that something's eyes watching their every moves. Jungkook turned around to face Hoseok and make sure that the boy was alright, but his voice was stuck in his throat as he saw a shadow of something big in front of the stairs.

Hoseok froze. He didn't say anything. He didn't scream, and he didn't even make a slight movement. It was as if he was stuck on the ground. He already knew what was behind them. He can feel it coming.

Jungkook, who noticed the older boy's behavior, tore his gaze away from the horrid sight, and focused on Hoseok instead. "Listen to me, hyung," his voice came out as shaky and low, but he couldn't care much at that moment. The shadow was growing bigger and bigger as time passed by, and Jungkook just felt that if they didn't get out of the place as fast as they could, they would die right then and there.

"At the count of three- No, screw one two three, let's just run!" Jungkook screamed, and ran as fast as he could towards the other side of the building, his hand still holding tight onto Hoseok's hand.

Sounds of laughter and cries filled the hallway as they ran and ran, but the end was still unreachable. Jungkook cursed in his mind. He was searching for a place to hide, but suddenly, everything seemed so dark and he just couldn't see anything. He couldn't feel anything. Not even Hoseok.

It was as if he had entered a different dimension.

The warmth from Hoseok's hand was completely gone. The only thing that comforted him was Hoseok's existence. But now, he has nothing and he already felt like breaking down.

"Jungkook...."

A familiar voice called out to him, causing Jungkook to turn his head towards the source of the sound. Nothing was there. The hope that appeared a second ago, now vanished into thin air.

The only thing that he can see is darkness. It engulfed him as he felt his body shrunk.

Smaller, and smaller.

Weaker, and weaker.

He felt so fragile, like a piece of glass.

More specifically, a broken piece of glass.

Out of the blue, sounds of children laughing and playing with each other filled his eardrums. Jungkook recognized the voice. It was his voice.

Minutes later, a more feminine and matured voice joined in. Jungkook's eyes watered as a certain someone appeared in his mind.

"Mom...."

Jungkook sobbed, feeling exasperated. He knew something like this would happen, but he didn't expect it to involve such a private matter. Falling to his knees, Jungkook cried his heart out as the voices that were filling his head grew louder and louder.

"Jungkook-ah, do you want some chocolate chip cookies?"

No, stop.

"Our Kookie is already 8 years old now, I'm so proud of you for growing up so well."

Please, stop this!

"Kookie, do you need anything else? Good luck on your exam!"

Stop torturing me with my own memories!

"I know you can do it, Jeon Jungkook!"

Mom...

"I'm so proud of you."

Mom!

"Your mom doesn't have much time left, Jungkook."

Please don't leave me alone, mom..

"I won't leave you alone, Kookie."

Jungkook screamed, his voice was rough and raw. His cheeks were wet with his own tears as his mind rewind back to when his mother was still alive.

When he was such a bad son.

When he should have taken care of her better, but he ignored her.

"It is all my fault," Jungkook told that sentence to himself many times already over the years, but at that moment, he truly felt like it really was his fault.

"That's right Jeon Jungkook, you killed her," a deep voice suddenly said, interrupting Jungkook's thoughts. The boy looked around, trying to find the person who was talking.

But there was no one there.

He was alone, still in the darkness.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? JUST KILL ME ALREADY!" He screamed, his chest heaving as he struggled to breath properly. He felt his body being pinned on the floor, but he couldn't see what was pinning him.

"Well, it wouldn't be fun if I just kill you right away," the unknown creature laughed, sounds of thunder accompanying his voice. He sounded like he just came out straight from a movie, but nope. The situation was slightly different.

In a movie, people can't die.

But this is reality, and Jeon Jungkook was on the verge of dying.

"Don't trust anyone, not even those 6 guys you love so much."

ⓑⓐⓝⓖⓣⓐⓝⓑⓞⓨⓢ

Again, thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoyed the chapter just like how I enjoyed writing it ♥
( and no, I didn't cry)
Votes and comments are really appreciated! :)