S E V E N

"Hi," the creature who looked a lot like Namjoon, said, grinning from ear to ear. He was standing behind Yoongi, holding a type of blade that looked similar to the one that Namjoon owned a few years ago. The weapon had disappeared after the horrifying incident, but they never paid too much attention to the disappearance. After all, it was completely unrelated to the notorious tale. Or so they thought.

"W-who are you?" Yoongi, who jumped all the way to behind Jimin to protect himself, asked with a hint of horror hiding in his voice. He was beyond surprised that the creature who just appeared in his so-called dream was in front of him, alive and kicking. Well, technically, maybe not alive since he was a monster and not a mortal. Yoongi's hands were grabbing Jimin's shirt in his fist as an attempt to hide his actual feelings. He just couldn't afford to show the weak side of him in front of the boys. He had to act tough to protect them.

The boys were in a complete silence. No one dared to utter even a word, no one dared to piss off the monster in front of them. Namjoon was the one who was affected the most. The sight of his own self, standing and holding such a dangerous weapon just surprised his whole being completely. No matter how many times he tried rubbing his eyes just to make sure that it was all a lie, he just couldn't wake up from this living nightmare.

"You're asking such an obvious question," scoffed the monster, a wide evil grin dancing on his face. The face that was usually showing an adorable smile seemed extremely weird at the moment. Jin stood up, gathering up the courage that seemed to be not enough to defeat his coward self, deep inside. Nevertheless, he advanced forward, trying to at least make a step to save his brothers.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Finally,  a clever question!" The monster exclaimed, clapping his hands in an extremely annoying way. The boys had never seen anyone so annoying before, but the humongous fear inside of them stopped them from making any action that would annoy the monster even further. Jin, still standing in front of all of them, reached quietly for the tiny knife he usually keeps in his bag in a low-key kind of manner as he noticed that the monster wasn't paying enough attention towards them. It was as if oxygen was sucked out of the room for about a half of a second as the monster leapt forward, his hand choking Jin's neck, stopping the poor boy's blood flow. Tutting, his hands increasing in force as each second passed by, "Don't even try to save your asses, such a vain action, I might say."

"All of you knew perfectly well why I'm standing here, in front of all of you, wearing such disguise, aren't you?"

Silence engulfed the whole vicinity, the cold air making their hair stand up.

"Knowing the rules years ago, but yet, managed to run away for so long..." 

The silence continued for another minute.

Jin's eyes began to droop dangerously. It seemed as though he was struggling to keep breathing and living as he trashed himself in every direction. "What a lovely sight, don't you think? Watching your own friend in such a great agony," hissed the monster, letting out laughter that sounded too much like Namjoon's usual laugh. Namjoon winced at the sound, battling with his inner self for the hundredth time that night, trying to decide what would be the best to do in that situation.

Suddenly, his mind went blank and a rushing urge of madness went over him as he found his mouth moving, letting out the words, "Fine, kill him."

It was as if there wasn't any oxygen left in the room as all of them seemed to have trouble to inhale and exhale properly. Yoongi's eyes were stuck on the person he thought would protect his friends before anyone had the chance to do so. But the faint exasperation in his eyes was the complete opposite of what he was uttering.

"Namjoon, no," Yoongi whispered under his shaky breath, horrified.

"I had to," Namjoon replied, advancing forward towards the monster who was still holding his friend but now slowly putting away the pressure on the poor boy's throat.

"You guys knew what happened to the students 5 years ago, right?" Namjoon started, his cold gaze remained glued on the monster's identical eyes. The others were listening silently, realization dawned unto them as they looked in horror at the scene unravelling before them. Namjoon continued to step forward, trembling in the process of doing so. He put out a hand towards the monster, a sharp blade gripped tightly unto it.

"I know you won't hurt him. Yes, I already know the rules of your little silly game. Let him go," with a steady voice, Namjoon approached the monster readily. He sucked in a deep breath as he watched the creature before him letting his friend go, with a malicious smile painted on its face which was horribly similar to his own. He was standing before the creature with his eyes, his nose, and even his lips. It was as if looking into a mirror. Jin was already knocked out on the floor, Jimin to his aid. Ignoring the "don't"s from his friends who he considered as his own brothers, he continued talking.

"You appeared in my appearance, so I guess I'll have to be the scapegoat to start the game, am I right?"

The monster let out a booming laugh upon hearing what Namjoon had said. Cracking his fingers and licking his lips hungrily, he growled; voice low and dark.

"Good. You sure are the brainiest out of the lot. Now, the game won't start if you can't betray one of your own. The game won't also end if you can't save him. Simple, isn't it?" The monster's low voice filled the room, its eyes were roaming around, catching each and one of the boys' horrified gazes as if to plant a cold, harsh reminder in their mind.

In a quarter of a second, Namjoon's world ceased to blackness; horrified screams around him. His lips curled, forming a calm smile.

"I know you can do this, guys. Come and save me. I'll wait for all of you because I trust all of you."

ⓑⓐⓝⓖⓣⓐⓝⓑⓞⓨⓢ

Hello!
Back again after months and months of procrastinating lmao
I hope yall enjoyed the chapter and how the plot is developing bcs I don't even know what I'm doing lmao 😂😂😂

Let's just hope I'll have the chance to update as soon as I can, aye?