Chapter 13- The Red Seductress Part II

After eating breakfast Jade took the boys to the park and since it was a Saturday it was filled with kids.

"Now boys I'm gonna be sitting on that bench so stay where I can see you, got it?" They nodded and ran off. Jade smiled and went to sit. As Jade was watching the boys she saw a small girl crying. She went to her and saw her knee was scraped.

"Oh sweetie what happened?" Jade asked at her side.

"I was on the slide and fell off." She said hiccupping.

Jade looked around. "Is your Dad or maybe Mom here?" Jade wiped her tears.

"I came with my Uncle but I don't know where he went."

"Alright sweetie come on let's just take care of the injury." Jade lifted her up and called the boys over. They immediately were her side looking at the girl curiously.

"Boys I need you to protect this princess here while I go to the fountain over there." Jade said as she held the girl. The boys saluted and gave a yes sir. Jade smiled and placed the girl on the bench then walked to the fountain wetting the handkerchief.

"Alright sweetie this might sting a little but I need you to be strong or else it won't get better okay?" The little girl nodded scared. Jade gave her a smile and gently dabbed the handkerchief over the scrapped knee. She pulled back her leg a little but didn't fight. Jade then took a hello kitty band aid and placed it on her knee.

"Voila. All done." Jade smiled.

"Thank you." She said quietly feeling a bit better.

"So what is your name?" She asked while she told the boys to go play.

"Sandy."

"Well Sandy do you want to sit with me and wait for your Uncle or do you want to play?"

"I wanna play."

"Alright lets go play." Jade lifted her up and took her to where the boys were. Bronx took her hand and they started to run. "Be careful." Jade shouted out as she went back to her seat. She sat for 10 minutes when she saw a dude entering the playground all smiles with his phone in his hand. He was looking around when the boys and Sandy ran to her. He started to approach Jade. Jade stood and faced him pushing the kids behind her.

"Can I help you?" Jade asked not hiding her displeasure.

"Yeah I"m here for my niece." He pointed to Sandy who was behind Jade's leg.

"Where were you?" Jade asked getting angry.

"Why does that concern you?"

"Because she got injured and was crying yet no one was here for her." Jade said as she placed her hand on Sandy's head.

"I was just at that coffee shop." He pointed to the coffee shop that was 3 buildings away. Jade was more pissed now.

"You can't just leave her here on her own. It's a playground kids are bound to get reckless which is why you have to supervise them not run off to get some broad's number." His eyes went wide. He wondered how she know that he went to get a girl's number. His eyes then roamed up and down Jade appreciating the way her jeans clung to her legs.

"You are right. I'm sorry uh? Sorry what was your name? I'm Kenny."

"I am not the one you need to apologise to." Was all Jade said as she looked Sandy. She bent to Sandy's height and pinched her cheeks making her giggle. "Sandy honey take care of yourself alright. Looks like there not much reliable people in this world not even family." Jade looked at him scrutinising him. "Take care sweetie." Jade hugged her and rose to go home with the boys. "Now boys ready to go home. I'm gonna make sandwiches." The shouted a yay and ran towards their home. Jade followed closely behind telling them to don't run. Kenny stood there looking at Sandy and then apologised. While on their way home Kenny couldn't help, but think that she looked familiar.