-ten-

Half the night, Tom had been forced to talk and dance with Ruby. During that time, the Brit had come up with a plan.

"I'll be right back," he fake-smiled before walking off to his father. "I need to use to bathroom."

Clearly, Tom was lying. He hoped the lie worked.

King Leo raised a disbelieving eyebrow. "Okay." He looked up and motioned a guard over with his hand.

"I don't need a guard!" Tom complained, adding to the act.

"Yes you do. In case you run away again," the king looked at the guard. "Please take Prince Thomas to the restroom and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

"Yes, sir."

Your plan is working perfectly, Thomas, Tom thought to himself. "Alright. Let's go."

Leaving King Leo, they both started walking out and down some hallways.

"So.. what's your name?" Tom chirped.

The guard only glanced at him. A few moments later he said, "Mark."

"Ah, Mark," Tom clasped his hands together. He was secretly eyeing his surroundings to make sure no one else was there. "Well.. I know a secret of yours."

"Oh yeah?" Mark said.

"Mhm. And I don't think your wife would like to know about it."

Mark stopped in his tracks, looking at Tom. "What? What do you know!?"

Tom chuckled darkly and stopped walking to turn and face him. "If you let me go and help Tord escape, I won't tell your wife that you had a little fun time with one of the maids."

"H-How do you know-"

"I'm a prince; I know everything."

Nervous, Mark nodded. "O-Okay. Go save him just don't tell her!" he begged.

"Got it." Tom smiled and gave him a thumbs up, running off in the direction of the dungeon.