Chapter 1

Darkness. That was what greeted  Twilight once her mind finally stirred into consciousness. A feeling of light-headedness washed over her as she groaned lightly. Where am I, she thought, shaking her baffled head. Her eyes darted around the unfamiliar area, searching for something; anything that could help her identify where she was. Her breaths slowly became more rapid, making them audible, as she started fretting.

"Twilight!? Is that you!?" A raspy voice called, gaining her attention. "R-Rainbow! Where are you?"

"I-I don't know!" she shouted. "I can't see a damn thing!" she continued.

"G-Give me a minute..." Twilight uttered before attempting to summon some light using her magic, only to find her horn refusing to grant the spell. She gasped, fundamentally dumbfounded. "My-" she started only to be interrupted by somepony.

"Arggh..." a familiar country voice groaned. "Applejack?" the two mares called, hoping for a response. "Huh? Where are w-"

"I don't know...but don't worry. Everything's going to be fine. We just have to find out where we are," the purple alicorn assured. "I need everypony to stay calm and-" was all Twilight was able to say before a door swung open, allowing a luminescent ray of light and somepony to enter the room.

Abruptly, a few lanterns around the room were illuminated, presumably by magic, enabling Twilight to observe the room.

Twilight, along with her fellow friends, were trapped in a tight and cramped cell, making it nearly impossible for them to stand straight on their hooves. The cell bars were extremely rusty and dangerous, to say the least. Twilight and Rainbow's cells were high above the ground unlike Rarity and Applejack's. The wall's peach coloured paint was peeling away. In Rarity's words, the room was absolutely hideous...unlike the mare who had entered the room a few moments ago.

"Rise and shine, my fellow ponies," she greeted, pulling off her bright white hood which had a simple yet complex design stitched onto it, as the mane six gave her a shocked expression. "Princess Celestia?!"

"Why so surprised?" she asked with a small smile on her elegant face. "It-It's just...umm...because we're... we're suprised you'd...y-y'know...umm b-be here, your highness," Twilight stuttered nervously, bowing. "If you don't mind me asking, why are we here?" Twilight asked, trying her best to gain a confident composure.

"Not a problem, my little ponies," she started. "I'm sure by now you can see that you're trapped in a cell. Well, this is because you six will be taking part in a...game"

"A game!? Let me guess it's...hide and seek? No, tag! Maybe ba-" Pinkie Pie started only to get cut off. "Shuhhhh!" Twilight scolded.

"Not quite, my pink pony," she replied, approaching them as her creeping footsteps echoed. "It's much much better," her graceful face twisted into a sinister grin, leaving the room in a somewhat unpleasant scene.