Chapter 1

I arrived at school at precisely 8:45 AM, just as I had every day since freshman year. I was a straight A student with a squeaky clean record. I was in with the right crowd; friends I could trust, friends that wouldn't pressure me. I was invited to parties but loud music and red solo cups paled in comparison in to a movie night with my girls.

I had everything that a junior in high school could want. But everything changed with one shirt.

I had gone shopping with Eliza and Kaylee the week before for new school clothes. The moment that I saw the shirt, I knew that I had to try it on. As soon as I pulled that piece of fabric over my head, something clicked. I looked in the mirror and saw a different part of me. It may seem stupid for me to describe a piece of clothing in this fashion, But I had never seen myself in this way. I felt like it was made for me, it seemed to hit every curve of my body in exactly the right way. This shirt give me confidence, something that I had lacked for a long time. I felt like I could take on the world.

I wore the shirt, on the day. That day I did not walk down the hallways, I strutted. The crowds of sleep deprived teenagers seem to part as I made my way down the path of lockers. Nothing could get my way, until I passed the principals office.

Principal Kingsly stood outside of his door every morning, looking for any suspicious activity. I did not know him well, Hillridge was a big school. If you were not in the principals office then he usually did not have time to engage with you. I wasn't even sure if he knew my name. That day, he showed me that he did.

"Mallory Hudson! My office. Now!" He yelled, Cutting through my haze of confidence.

So many things went through my head. Why would you call me out like this in front of my peers? People I have known since elementary school. I was embarrassed, and I did not even know why. Just with those few words in a harsh tone, my new found confidence came crumbling down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so excited about writing my first story! I will try to upload chapters as often as possible! Sorry that this one was so short, I will try to make them longer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~