Promises [Pt1]

a/n; On a totally unrelated note, if any of you are Undertale fans would you like me to write Undertale oneshots too? Or if your BATIM fans, would you like me to do oneshots on that too? Well anyway enjoy.

Upon fluttering open my (e/c) dull eyes, I groan as I hold my side. Most likely where I was hit before passing out and hovering over me I can tell are the shadows of my owners and their good friends and mine too. Yet the one thing on my mind, mysteriously, is Perry. He's the closest shadowy figure towering over me right now. Yes, my eye sight is still hazy but I have no doubt it's him. Soon after, my eyes widen as if they were taking in a deep breath of the world around me. With my sight cleared, I can confirm my life long friends are now hugging me. Tightly. For once I won't mind, I'm just grateful to be alive after what's happen. 

Maybe it's because I've always been on the boring side, but even my owners left for the day and here I am stuck in this hellhole. Actually, it's not so bad with Perry still here. I don't understand why he lingers! Is it...our promise or, is it just because this is what friends do? Either way, I'm not sure how to feel. "How long have I been out..?" I've realised that I wasn't talking, which could also be another reason why they left. Probably thought I was daydreaming. Though it hurt to speak as I rasped out my question with the kind of squeaky voice you acquire before you lose your voice. 

"3 months."

My heart skips a beat and my mind goes blank, I'm also positive that my expression changed drastically by the expression I receive from Perry. "You're...joking. How long really?" Barely, I manage to find a more confident voice to speak over my pathetic weakling one from just now. I think he took the word 'joking' too seriously. Why? A chuckle, no a taunting laugh in my ears, escapes his bill, a snort accompanied. "Alright, 3 weeks. Every day your owners showed up too." I almost never see him smile but this is one of those rare moments I get to capture was a friendly and calming smile he has. Instead of feeling my beating heart pound in my chest I can hear it, like an unsteady melody that's beginning to fall out of rhythm. Little did I know it wouldn't ever settle again.

Perry's P.O.V

3 weeks out of the 5 months have passed, I began thinking she'd never wake up in time yet she has and it's a relief. Even after answering her questions and my terrible humour getting in the way, I can't help but smile with joy, but i'd never show it like that, not in front of (y/n). It's the same (y/n). (n/n). That's what I got used to calling them. What they don't know is why. Her laugh is adorable, I heard the same giggling escape their mouth as if nothing had changed. They were sticking to the promise, but did they even remember half of what it was? The Doctors did say they would forget things. I'm glad that they haven't forgotten me. These past 3 weeks have been uneasy on me.

Horrible nightmares, terrible dreams. No comfort. I hope that now the love of my life is awake, they'll stop.

______
Flashbacks [You are both younger, around 5ish? Just children!]

The luxurious, vibrant green grass reflected the dazzling, illuminate shine of the dusk setting sun. I lay peacefully with (y/n) beside me tiredly yawning.  "You wanna head back before you fall asleep in the middle of no-where again?" I tease and nudge them softly. "No...I don't because when I do, you aren't there! You're fun! teach me how to be fun one day?" (y/n) exclaims, getting up to point at nothing in particular before settling down on the soft blades of grass the brush against our fur/skin. "You're already lots of fun, silly." I smile and remind them of how much I enjoyed their presence. 

Bu then they began to frown, sadly with a building fear that allowed tears to swell in their usually, vibrant glowing eyes. "Perry?" I tilt my head to show they have my attention, completely. "Promise me something?" They ask with their sweet angelic voice, tinged with sorrow. "Anything." Reluctantly I sit up, curling my small tail around them in a comforting manner.  "Promise me that we'll..." They glance up at me with a glimmer of hope reflected in their expression. On the other hand, confusion takes over mine with the aura of worry. Something didn't feel right.