The Dare

"Hey Davidson, you're standing on someone's grave."

I yelped and jumped back before I realized that I hadn't stepped on a grave at all. I should've known that. I'd been watching very carefully where I stepped, to make sure I didn't do exactly that. The class laughed when I fell backwards. Again. My friends came over to help me up.

"Jerk." said Stephanie, motioning to Jake. 

Stephanie's been my friend since third grade. She's blond, blue eyed, and kind of short, but don't mention that to her or she'll bite your head off.

"Sanders, you're a moron." Josh said to Jake, offering me a hand. "Mark, you okay?"

"Yeah." I said, brushing myself off.

Josh and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. He's shorter than me, but I'm pretty tall for fourteen. I've mentioned a couple of times that the three of us make a sort of staircase when we stand next to each other, which earned me a kick in the shin from Stephanie.

"You know," said Josh, hauling me to my feet, "You seriously have to get over your fear of superstitions." Steph nodded in agreement. I scowled at the both of them. "You-" I started, but Jake cut me off.

"And how exactly would you be doing that?" We stared at him, so he elaborated. "Getting over your fear of superstitious stuff?" he addressed his question to me. I glared at him. There's no way, after years of being my personal bully, he suddenly cares about my fears.

The whole class was listening now. I hate field trips, I really do. Especially when they're over the weekends, like this one. 

Stephanie answered for me. "Screw off Jake."

"Be careful Steph, I might stop being so nice in Science." Steph simply rolled her eyes, but Jake wasn't finished yet. He turned to me. "I dare you to spend the night outside. In the graveyard." I glared at him, seething.

I don't know why I did what I did next. Maybe it was temporary insanity. Maybe I was just tired of Jake being a jerk. (There's a couple of other things I could call him, but they're not nearly as polite) So I said, 

"Done."

************************************************************************************************************************

Author's Note: I know that was really short and I'll add more soon. The dialogue could've been more convincing, but just bear with me, 'cause I know what I'm doing for this story. Dedicated to stephster13, for yelling at me at school to update.