three

There she was. The new gem. You'd never seen her before, or any other gems like her. She was interesting to you, to say the least.

She was very short compared to most gems-- even shorter than your off-colored friend, Carnelian. She had blue skin and blue hair, which was very curly and short and spilled over her shoulders. She had one eye, which was strange, but you still found it beautiful.

You'd heard from an amethyst that she was a Sapphire, and she had the power to see into the future. You found that fascinating, and ran up to the gem as she stood there in silence.

"Hi! I'm (Y/N)! You Sapphire, right?" you greeted, smiling wide. She grinned slightly but didn't move her head to face you. She only responded, "Hello, (Y/N). Yes, I'm Sapphire."

"You see the future?" you asked, staring at her with wide, excited eyes. She chuckled, "Yes. I do." You pressed your hands against your cheeks and gasped, stars forming in your (E/C) eyes.

"So you're a superhero?!" you questioned, jumping up and down. Sapphire only knew what that was because of her future vision.

"No," she answered simply. You frowned, "You not?" She shook her head, still looking forward. You then began to slowly grin, and whispered to her, "It okay, I know you has to keep your secret idenity."

"I'm not a superhero," she spoke calmly, keeping her eye forward and her hands folded on her dress. You giggled, thinking that she was just undercover, so you shrugged and walked away.

You made your way to the Amethysts' cubby room. A few of them were missing-- you noticed-- but they were probably working on something. Carnelian and Skinny Jasper were there, giggling as they talked to each other.

Curly and Left Hand were there-- you'd given them nicknames to remember them. Curly had curly hair and Left Hand had her gem on her left hand-- hence their nicknames. You ran up to them.

"Guys! Guys! I talk to Sapphire an' she a superhero! She keep tryin' to hide her idenity," you told them, latching onto Left Hand's leg. Left Hand raised an eyebrow, staring down at you with a confused expression.

"What's a 'superhero'?" she asked.

"Someone who saves the day!" you shouted, throwing an arm into the air, sort of in the stance of Superman's flying state. She hummed and tapped her chin, "Well... okay."

"You has super powers?" you questioned. She nodded, "Kinda... my gem gives me a weapon. That's a superpower, right?" You gave it a quick thought, "Yeah, superheroes has cool weapons sometimes."

"Yes!" she pumped her arm, causing you to giggle.

"You so silly, Left Hand," you said, hugging her tighter. She smiled, showing off her teeth. Curly chuckled and leaned on Left Hand's shoulder.

-

"I wan' be a sidekick!" you exclaimed, stars in your eyes. Sapphire grinned at your adorableness, "(Y/N), I'm not a superhero." You wiggled your eyebrows, "Yeah, I know, Sapphire. Why would you be a superhero?"

You covered your mouth to muffle your laughs. Sapphire couldn't help but laugh softly at how cute you were acting. You really were too cute for your own good.

"You has more super-- I means-- powers?" you questioned, grinning with excitement. Sapphire sighed, deciding to play along. She nodded.

"Cooool! Show me! Show me!" you shouted, dancing around. Sapphire held her hand out and created small snowflakes. You gasped, "Woooow!"

"Oh! Oh! Makes a snowman! Pretty please?!" you begged, giving her your best puppy eyes. Of course, her future vision gave her the knowledge of what a snowman was, so she did it.

You gazed in awe at the snow creature. You then looked back at Sapphire, "Thanks, Sapphy!" You wrapped your arms around her and hugged her. She smiled and hugged you back.

"You're welcome... (Y/N)," she replied softly, folding her hands in front of her once after you pulled away. She listened as you rambled on about something, finding the way you pronounced words adorable, just as everything else you did.

-

"So... are you ever gonna amit you're a superhero?" you asked the blue gem, tilting your head slightly.

"I'm not a superhero, (Y/N). How many times have we gone over this? 5, to be exact? Yes," Sapphire chuckled, finding this subject to be rather amusing.

"But you are a superhero! You can use you superpowers to save peoples!" you argued, "and that's a superhero."

"If you say so, (Y/N)," she replied.

"So you amit it?" you asked with anticipation. She only nodded, going along with you.

"I knew it!" you exclaimed, hopping around in a dance.

"(Y/N), if you continue to dance like that you're going to trip and hurt yourself," Sapphire said.

And, just as she said, you tripped on your own feet and landed on your face. You sat up and rubbed your sore face, pouting at Sapphire.

"Are you okay?" she asked, but with actual emotion in her voice. It surprised you. She held her hand out and you took it, allowing her to help you up, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"That's good," she said, back to her monotone voice. You frowned in disappointment, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I'm gonna tell Skinny and Carny that you a superhero!" you announced, scurrying towards the Amethyst cubby room. Sapphire shook her head, her lips turned up into a small grin.

---

Aye! It's 3:20 am rn so sorry if this sucks. Comment what you guys think of this book so far! Do you like it?

Do you have any ideas of what I should do in this book! Comment that, too!

I love you all!

- Aehlyn ♡